Leg-twist. (suggestion)

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Leg-twist. (suggestion)

Postby Rapscallion » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Hello everyone,

My background is in CNC programming and CAD/CAM. I've drawn many 3d products and helped build the tools to manufacture them.

The artistic side of computer creation is a new direction that I am taking that will hopefully lead to the launch/release of some more art orientated products that I wish to pursue in the future.

While contemplating getting stuck in and meshing out a human character I stumbled across Makehuman. I've been toying with it the past couple of days and it is indeed a God-send. There's not much that I could not achieve with it, to a good level of satisfaction in creating the 3d character that I had set out to build (that is as far as facial and body features goes, I still need to do texturing, clothing, scene-setting etc.). Kudus to all involved in the making of this great software. Who knows where it will lead? Makedog, Makecat, Makebudgie, the list is endless.

Oh yes, the suggestion. It may well have been suggested before, in which case please just accept this as a kind reiteration.
The only thing body-wise that I would still like to do with my 1st Makehuman character is twist the legs outward, at the hip, so that the knee and foot rotate (leg-bones being the axis of rotation) along with it. Sort of like when I used to twist my brothers foot while he was lying down until he squealed and rolled over. Ideally, the thigh, lower leg, and foot could also have their own twist points.
For now I'm going to have a go at doing this in Blender. I've just started poking my nose into Blender too and I don't envisage it being to difficult.

Once again Kudus!
Rapscallion

Re: Leg-twist. (suggestion)

Postby Manuel » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:49 pm

Do you mean you want a pose mode?
Manuel

Postby Rapscallion » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:02 pm

Hi Manuel,

No, not a pose. An option when modeling the character. Some people stand naturally a bit more toe-pointing-out than the current default model in MH.
The current default model in MH seems to be standing a little toe-pointing-in. Especially with it's slightly bandy (bowed) legs.

Cheers.
Rapscallion

Postby Manuel » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:17 pm

Ah..I understand.
It's a posture target. Interesting suggestion.
If I've time, I'll add it in alpha8.
Thanks!
Manuel

Postby Rapscallion » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:34 pm

Great! I'm sure many other users will find it useful. Especially if someone wanted to model Charlie Chaplain.

Cheers.
Rapscallion

Postby Rapscallion » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:39 pm

Leg Genu is a really nice feature, thanks Manuel.
Rapscallion

Return to User contributions