How to contribute to clothes library?

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

How to contribute to clothes library?

Postby brkurt » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Hello everyone...

Could someone point me to the document that tells me how to contribute to the clothes library? :?
I found a Jedi outfit (after Qui Gon Jin) complete with lightsaber in a 2008 file, that I'm sure lots of people would like to have.
Also, an 1895 Apache outfit that can be easily converted to a Padawan's. :)
brkurt

Re: How to contribute to clothes library?

Postby rfairhurst » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:54 pm

brkurt wrote:Hello everyone...

Could someone point me to the document that tells me how to contribute to the clothes library? :?
I found a Jedi outfit (after Qui Gon Jin) complete with lightsaber in a 2008 file, that I'm sure lots of people would like to have.
Also, an 1895 Apache outfit that can be easily converted to a Padawan's. :)

Read this: http://www.makehuman.org/doc/node/the_makeclothes_main_panel.html

Be aware that the new mesh will probably require a new version to be created. Also I have found that the MakeClothes utility described is not that forgiving when verts do not line up with the helpers and are not sorted the same way, so you may get a mess using your own original mesh.
rfairhurst

Postby Manuel » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:08 am

Hi Bkurt,
I'm sorry, but external clothes and hair contributions are currently closed, because we don't have tools to check if the submitted geometries are original or copyrighted (for example, Daz clothes).

Textures and morphings are still open, because they are certainly derivative products of original MH data.

Best,

Manuel
Manuel

Postby brkurt » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:17 pm

Manuel wrote:Hi Bkurt,
I'm sorry, but external clothes and hair contributions are currently closed, because we don't have tools to check if the submitted geometries are original or copyrighted (for example, Daz clothes).

Textures and morphings are still open, because they are certainly derivative products of original MH data.

Best,

Manuel

Oh well...I've got dozens of outfits made since 2009 that can be adapted to the Star Wars universe. They all meet the 3d Studio criteria: scale; quads; turntable.

I'll post them to the Gallery once Alpha 8 is out.
brkurt

Postby Roberto Melo » Sun May 19, 2013 10:38 pm

Manuel wrote:Hi Bkurt,

Best,

Manuel

Hello Manuel.

I am a creator of characters and clothing for Daz.

I work with Hexagon and Silo. I am willing to offer
my help for MakeHuman project. Logical that all clothes
I create will be free for the community project, ie the
whole world.

I just need to know more for scale, than I create clothing range.
To whom and where do I send files, and if these
Files can be in OBJ.

Seriously I want to contribute MakeHuman. :D

Join my e-mail and send me, I am available to
contribute to the team.

Big hugs.

Roberto Melo.
Roberto Melo

Return to User contributions