Congratulations, &.......

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Congratulations, &.......

Postby snik » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:54 pm

Hello fellow makehuman denizens!,

Firstly, very hearty congratulations on the progress, usability and general all-around usefulness of MakeHuman...

Secondly, I'd like to offer some rather inexperienced observations, speaking as as first time MakeHuman user and long term OpenSimulator (http://opensimulator.org) user.

I have been attempting to investigate how one might use MakeHuman to import rigged mesh avatars into my OpenSimulator based virtual world.

Needless to say, I have been able to do this, with very little difficulty and with great success, using MakeHuman 1.0a7 however I'd like to offer my observations in doing so, and offer a few suggestions.

As you might imagine, I have an avatar in my virtual world that for various reasons I've adjusted the shape, height, build etcetera into a form I'm happy with, however - that said - the default avatar mesh in OpenSimulator (and in Secondlife too) has been awfully designed. The MakeHuman mesh topology is far nicer :)

So...

after downloading and installing MakeHuman, I decided to do my best to replicate the look of my avatar, using MakeHuman and import the resulting weighted/rigged mesh.

After much tweaking and fiddling about with the various MakeHuman options, I duly arrived at what I thought looked like a half decent representation of my avatars shape and imported it into my OpenSimulator sim, I'm pleased to report the mesh was correctly animated and rigged, however quite a few of the proportions of the figure were inaccurate (mainly due to my lack of skill in using MakeHuman), might I add.

In conclusion, therefore, I'd like to make some observations and offer a couple of suggestions...

I do like MakeHumans options to tweak/adjust almost every attribute of the character mesh, but I'd also like to see what each slider/attribute value was (in numbers) that I'd set (rather than just moving a square box within set limits and looking at my screen to see what difference I'd made).

Ideally, I'd like the option to overlay front and side screen/wireframe captures of my avatars mesh, over the top of the MakeHuman viewport, so I can more closely match the MakeHuman mesh to my avatars physique.

I hope you take these observations and suggestions in the spirit in which they were intended, and please accept my thanks for all who is involved in the MakeHuman project for their hard work.

Let me assure you all, I for one am extremely grateful, thank-you :)
snik

Re: Congratulations, &.......

Postby Tommyknocker45 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:10 am

I would like the numerical option as well.
Tommyknocker45

Re: Congratulations, &.......

Postby Manuel » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:05 pm

Hi Snik,

most of these request are fixed in svn version.

Best,
Manuel

Return to User contributions