MH new GUI, BRAINSTORMING here

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: MH new GUI, BRAINSTORMING here

Postby Manuel » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:49 pm

AShenwraith wrote:Yeah, I've seen those.

It looks more like an Anthropology/Anatomy interface instead of an industrial/Professional art tool.

Well... MH is Anatomy for artists tool.

The morphs seems slow to respond -- Isn't there a way to generate a quick wireframe of the morph over the model before clicking?

No

It needs numbers too -- both positive and negative. This will also let you reset to 0 of any value so you can quickly mix and match. Many times when I used MH 0.9.1-RC1 I was very disappointed there were not negative values for the morphs. This limited my control and meant I had to look for another morph in a long list and hope there was some similarity that would be there with a negative value of a morph (for example scaling the ear -- you could only shrink it).

Yes these little things will be added during the "Production stable" development.

The map for ethnicity is interesting, but for an art tool a lot of times you just want "less African nose" or " more Asian eyes" really fast.

The "infinity long catalogue of types" (that all other sw use) was removed from MH gui, after a long discussion about the next generation tools. Anyway you need to wait we complete the details and microdetails features in order to see how MH work.

Regards,

Manuel
Manuel

Postby pistacja » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:29 pm

I'm writhing this as I'm testing the new version so It might end up a bit chaotic...

First thing I'm missing are tooltips, I'd like to see a quick description of all the buttons when I hover my mouse over them.

I'm having difficulties rotating the model with my mouse (about 50% of the time). In the text window a get a message:
Unable to open %s None
Probably None does not exist
grab mode off

Macrodetails:
It's a bit hard to adjust them, numerical input would be a good idea. I thinking it would be good if the slider you're moving would get enlarged when you using it, and then moving left-right would make a big change, moving up-down would be for little (fine) adjustments. I think the change should be executed when you release the mouse button (because it's slow).

TONE - that's a bit confusing, I'd name that MUSCLE.

I've kind of got used to the tetrawidget from 0.9.1 and wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Details/microdetails:
At the beginning it's a bit confusing when it snaps to different targets when you reach the end of the scale (but after a moment I think it's wonderful ^^)

The undo/redo works a bit strange. When I make a change I usually click and drag for a while, I make half a dozen changes before I let go. I would expect the undo button to take me to the state before I started to move my mouse, but it remembers every little move I made.

The reset button resets not only details but macrodetails.

It should be possible to move or scale only in one direction (along one axis) e.g. you want to move the head just a bit down (to make the neck shorter) but you can move it a bit to one side and not notice it.

It would be nice if I could lock on to a target and rotate the model (with keys) at the same time.

I noticed I can only move thing up or down and left or right, can't move front-back.

When you click and not move the pointer the a target should get selected and highlighted, now you need to click and drag just to see if you got the right target.
If you click somewhere on the background the current highlight should disappear

A mirror mode would be good, when it's on, a change to for example the right hand would force the left hand to change accordingly.
This post was made thanks to Me, Myself and I.
pistacja

Postby Manuel » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:06 pm

Thanks.
Some of these will be fixed in MH1.0 alpha2

Best regards,

Manuel
Manuel

Postby kicbocsir » Mon May 25, 2009 6:49 am

how about SYMMETRY BUTTON?
I feel it would speed up character builder for those who want both sides of the character to match.
thanks frank shaw
kicbocsir

Previous

Return to User contributions