Load background photo as a guide

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Load background photo as a guide

Postby chenglim » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:13 am

Hi All,

My idea is very simple. I wish to use this MakeHuman to create myself. In order to do that i will take couple of my own picture and load it into make human. Then i will use the software to adjust and make it look really like myself. Sort of like the Z-brush workflow can be found from YouTube to create the 3D model using 2D photo.

Load background seems like the function as quite close to what i need. but the picture will expand to the full screen. If in next version the "png" file can be loaded as it is will be prefect. Best is the png can apply the gamma value and make it lighter in weight. Layer or Panel view side by side could enhance the world to the maximum too

Auto adjust feature will be even more wonderful idea in future development.

Lastly thank you for the great software created.

Cheers,
Cheng Lim
chenglim

Re: Load background photo as a guide

Postby rawgreen » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:33 pm

let's see, there was this free source program I came across some time ago and I'm still looking for it. It's a tracing program of a sort, it makes a transparent layer over everything that you're doing, you can change the alpha too. I suggest you look for it, though I don't have a clue what it's called.
rawgreen

Return to User contributions