Flexible spine

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Flexible spine

Postby bergen » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:20 am

One one the main irritations that I have had when trying to get natural looking poses from Poser and Makehuman is the lack of natural spinal flexibility. The human spine is made of many joints each of which has only a small range of motion. Makehuman replaces this system with a small number of joints each with a large range of motion. The result is a stiff unnatural look instead of the natural curving that occurs in most human movement. I think that several of the existing neck, torso and hip etc controls could be regrouped into a global spinal twist and bend widget that controls a larger number of spinal joints (preferably the full natural number).
bergen

Re: Flexible spine

Postby Manuel » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:55 pm

Can you better explain the regrouping you mean?
Manuel

Re: Flexible spine

Postby rawgreen » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:25 pm

regrouping it would be hard(Manuel, the spine is attached to the hips and effects it's position), you'd probably be better off to do it manually yourself. Though I perfectly agree that some of the movements in the back are off, e.g. there's no way to curl the back, as in, tuck in the back. So like, a full aerial front tuck would be impossible. hence, in short, the back doesn't have the curve you would want when bending forward and doesn't bend forward enough... I'm sure I could find a few more :p
rawgreen

Return to User contributions