Morphs

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Morphs

Postby DAD » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:37 am

What requirements do have for making morphs to use in MH? Can they be produced as OBJs and added into the program in some way? If this is possible I might be able to assist in getting some of the morphs made.
I don't fear god anymore. Anything he/she does to me now is only adding insult to injury ... alright already enough with the insults!

http://www.dad-tv.com
DAD

Re: Morphs

Postby Sethren » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:32 am

I think for one you have to know Blender very well because that is what the developers use to make the morphs. If your willing to learn Blender. I think they are .OBJs but i have no idea of how they are added. The developers would have to answer that.
Sethren

Postby Manuel » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:35 pm

DAD wrote:What requirements do have for making morphs to use in MH? Can they be produced as OBJs and added into the program in some way? If this is possible I might be able to assist in getting some of the morphs made.

We are working on a MH "Proto" edition, that will include a set of SDK tools.
In particular will be very easy import an obj in MHProto and save it as target.
Of course, the topology and vertex order can't be altered.

MH proto will be ready in next two months. Anyway we will reelase an intermediate MakeTarget
for Blender. Stay tuned.
Manuel

Postby Sethren » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:37 pm

Really, neat. I will use MakeHuman Proto for target creation sense Blender is not involved. Sorry, i have been spending years trying to get use to that UI and work flow and it never panned out for me. So this sounds like something i could do. :)

You say the topology and vertex order can't be altered. Does this mean that the default mesh is always the same even though targets can be made for it?
Sethren

Postby Manuel » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:43 am

Sethren wrote:Really, neat. I will use MakeHuman Proto for target creation sense Blender is not involved. Sorry, i have been spending years trying to get use to that UI and work flow and it never panned out for me. So this sounds like something i could do. :)

No problem. Blender GUI is not userfriendly.

You say the topology and vertex order can't be altered. Does this mean that the default mesh is always the same even though targets can be made for it?

Yes. It's the condition for linear morph.
Ciao,

Manuel
Manuel

Postby DAD » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:02 am

It essentially sounds like Proto will handle morphs similar to the way Poser does it. That will be great. With Proto we could probably set up a Morph sharing system where morphs created by one user could be made available to all users. That way people could add the morphs they want and not overload the MH package with unneeded baggage.
I don't fear god anymore. Anything he/she does to me now is only adding insult to injury ... alright already enough with the insults!

http://www.dad-tv.com
DAD

Postby Sethren » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:34 am

Indeed. Sharing ''good'' morphs would be great. :D
Sethren

Postby Manuel » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:06 pm

DAD wrote:It essentially sounds like Proto will handle morphs similar to the way Poser does it. That will be great. With Proto we could probably set up a Morph sharing system where morphs created by one user could be made available to all users. That way people could add the morphs they want and not overload the MH package with unneeded baggage.

We have handled morphs in this way since 2001. The problem started after migration from Blender to standalone, when we was so busy to not have time to code a public updated version of maketarget. Now it's time to fix it :-)
Manuel

Postby Texanhammer » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:46 am

Manuel could you work on some phoneme facial morphs for all of us that cannot model
very well?
i know you are doing a lot at the moment on the program and thought this could be
a good addition.
Texanhammer

Postby Manuel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:06 am

Ok.
I must add a TODO/wish list in this forum...
Manuel

Next

Return to User contributions