can i use characterhumain to obtain my aim (in my project)

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

can i use characterhumain to obtain my aim (in my project)

Postby robel » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Hi,
i am new in this website , sorry for my bad english
in my project of my study i need to create character , i read many articl in this field and i am now trying to create it :
where it must be hierarchical (the arm are subdivised on three parts , the legs too) ,
my freind advice me to use humaincharacter , i downloaded it last neight BUT when i see that the character is created i am not sure that i can use it
brcasue for exemple : i want to subdivise the arm in three parts but i see that in the character of makehumain it is subdivised in just two parts ? can i modifate that ?
when i said three parts like that
arm1.jpg
arm1.jpg (13.79 KiB) Viewed 5624 times

i can move the arm with three dgree of freedon (DOF)

so , in my case can i use characterhumain ?
robel

Re: can i use characterhumain to obtain my aim (in my projec

Postby Manuel » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:10 am

You can import mh character in Blender and manually split it.
Manuel

Postby MapMonkey » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:52 pm

robel wrote:i can move the arm with three dgree of freedon (DOF)

so , in my case can i use characterhumain ?

Looking at your included image it looks to be a simple form of an arm IK rig. The IK rig is included with the base skeleton rig. This can be used if your MakeHuman character is exported in MHX format and imported to Blender.

The IK arm does allow 3 DOF movement. Upper Arm, Lower Arm and Elbow IK Pole.

The IK leg gives 3 DOF movement also. There is a Knee IK Pole.

With an IK rig you can (for example) place a Hand/Wrist on a Hip, created surface, or in the air.

IKarm01.png
IK Arm Hand on Hip. Elbow behind body.
IKarm01.png (34.19 KiB) Viewed 5608 times

The IK Pole Target can then be moved independently to influence the other two bones rotation.

IKarm02.png
IK Arm Hand on Hip. Elbow in front of body.
IKarm02.png (30.18 KiB) Viewed 5608 times

Further information can be found by searching the web for FK rig and IK rig. These stand for Forward Kinematics and Inverse Kinematics. You may even find it useful for your purposes to use a mix of both FK and IK. (You will need to have BOTH showing to work with both at the same time and check the IK Influence value.)

I hope that you can understand. I can use different words to explain the ideas if you need (these can be complex ideas for new people), but I am afraid I only speak English.
MapMonkey

Postby ThomasL » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:02 am

Documentation for the mhx rig can be found at http://www.makehuman.org/node/270.

The IK arms and legs have recently been updated. Not only do the rubber bands extend to the pole targets now, but you can also control the twists, i.e. the rotation of the bones around their own axes, using the FK arm bones.
ThomasL

Postby robel » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:38 pm

thanks very much
i will read about blender and MHX format
robel

Postby robel » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:16 pm

arm IK rig

IK rig : inverse kinematik for rigged character ?
MakeHuman character is exported in MHX format and imported to Blender.

The IK arm does allow 3 DOF movement. Upper Arm, Lower Arm and Elbow IK Pole.

even if i modeled the character with makehumain ? because i see that in makehumain i can modifate just two parts in the arm
MapMonkey wrote:i can't use makehumain with 3dsmax ?
I hope that you can understand. I can use different words to explain the ideas if you need (these can be complex ideas for new people), but I am afraid I only speak English.

ok ,can you please more explain to me ? even in english i can understand you

i want too create the animation for exemple of the arm in my application not with for exemple with blender ? i can't imaginate how i can do that
robel

Postby ThomasL » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:55 am

robel wrote:i want too create the animation for exemple of the arm in my application not with for exemple with blender ? i can't imaginate how i can do that

The mhx format is for Blender only. If your application supports collada, you can try to use that, see http://www.makehuman.org/collada_export.
ThomasL

Return to User contributions