Suggestion for Feature Options

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Suggestion for Feature Options

Postby christilynn » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:17 pm

The older versions of MH would show you images of what each feature option was intended to accomplish - such as showing arrows pointing inward to the nose to let you know you could narrow noses with that feature. As MH is now it takes a lot of guesswork and TIME to figure out how to get the desired results with the feature options. Bringing back thumbnail images for feature options would make MH a lot more user friendly and less time-consuming. (After playing with it for over an hour, I still haven't figured out how to make big wide eyes - if possible!)
christilynn

Re: Suggestion for Feature Options

Postby brkurt » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:00 am

You asking important questions; I have addressed a few of them in the gallery. The 'big wide eyes' point is especially noteworthy, as so many potential users of MH want an animated anime/manga character. Anime eyes are outside of the human norm--the only person close is the British model Lily Cole--as is the tiny mouth and perky nose. MH is based on the statistical norms of human features that come from extensive medical studies; whereas many users want a fantasy game character, with a physique barely attainable by most of us.
brkurt

Re: Suggestion for Feature Options

Postby Manuel » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:42 am

christilynn wrote:The older versions of MH would show you images of what each feature option was intended to accomplish - such as showing arrows pointing inward to the nose to let you know you could narrow noses with that feature. As MH is now it takes a lot of guesswork and TIME to figure out how to get the desired results with the feature options. Bringing back thumbnail images for feature options would make MH a lot more user friendly and less time-consuming. (After playing with it for over an hour, I still haven't figured out how to make big wide eyes - if possible!)
Attachments
icons.png
This is the look of incoming alpha7 :-)
Manuel

Return to User contributions