Add Export Skeleton/rig for games (Xonotic)

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Add Export Skeleton/rig for games (Xonotic)

Postby duststorm » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:45 am

Animations4 wrote:When I load the NLA editor in one of the finished playermodel's... blender (2.6) crashes my video driver and locks my machine (linux)

I feel the same pain. I just avoid the NLA editor for now for this reason ;)
Do you happen to have an intel graphics by any chance? On my machine with nvidia card I have no trouble with it.
That's why I'm planning on updating to the latest ubuntu LTS, as I'm still running on 10.04 on which the video drivers are prehistoric by now.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Animations4 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Yes, intel. Could it be possible to make a blender python script to apply the animations to the mesh? Rather than trying to get NLA editor to not crash on intel. It's always the same animations, so that might be scriptable
Animations4

Postby duststorm » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:23 pm

If I were you I would just upgrade my graphics drivers. The Mesa/Intel OpenGL drivers have massively improved for these newer chipsets in recent years. I just installed Ubuntu 12.04 (I had 10.04), so that the driver updates were done for me, and all my pains with the intel graphics chip are gone.
NLA editor doesn't crash anymore, as well as for example GLSL display mode in blender.
Just update, you'll probably do yourself a big favor ;)
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Animations4 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Were you successfully able to apply the animations to exported the model?
Animations4

Postby duststorm » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:15 am

Animations4 wrote:Were you successfully able to apply the animations to exported the model?

In any case, yes. To realize this, for example, I needed to add a walking animation to the model. (I did it before updating)
I just added the animation using the mhx mocap script, and used the global editing features of the mocap script to correct the errors. I never used the NLA editor. Before working with the mocap in blender, I cut out the part I wanted and centered it in place using BVHacker (which is an OpenGL application that works in Wine).

But with updated graphics drivers you should normally be able to use all of Blender's features with your graphics card.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Animations4 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:42 pm

I was hoping for a 1 or 2 click solution though. The animations are there in the uploaded blender files, and MH now exports the xonotic rig, so if somehow a script could be made that mates the two then it would be easy for everyone to make characters for xonotic.
Animations4

Postby duststorm » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:02 pm

Animations4 wrote:The animations are there in the uploaded blender files, and MH now exports the xonotic rig, so if somehow a script could be made that mates the two then it would be easy for everyone to make characters for xonotic.

There is the MHX Mocap retarget tool for blender that does this (http://www.makehuman.org/node/286).

If you can export the animations to a BVH format with a compatible source rig you can retarget the animations onto your MH character.

If you don't have the animations in BVH format, but have them already in blender, and they have the same rig and rest pose as one of the makehuman rigs (for example xonotic rig) maybe there is another blender tool (not makehuman specific) to transfer the animation between the armatures. (something like is described here: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthr ... -keyframes)
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Previous

Return to User contributions