Scene editing

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Scene editing

Postby stealthnsk » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:54 am

Currently the application allows editing only one figure at the time. So it's almost impossible to make poses of several people interacting with each other. I think "pose" tab should be replaced with "scene" tab, allowing multiple figures posing, moving and rotating.
stealthnsk

Use blender

Postby m.e » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:28 am

This and a number of other suggestions (clothing say) would result in MH becoming a general-purpose 3D editor. I suggest it would be better to let existing programs such as blender do this as they already do the job and better than MH will ever do.

You can import your models into blender and arrange them as you will.
m.e

Re: Scene editing

Postby pistacja » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:18 am

If I remember correctly Manuel said somewhere that you will be able to import some geometry into MH, so I don't see a problem. You could pose one character, export it, then import it back and pose the other character to fit (so that their hands meet in one point if you're trying to make them shake hands).

Anyway just as m.e wrote, MH is for makin' humans and in my opinion the render button is more of a gadget then a real feature, if you want something to compose a render then you'll be probably better of with Posed or Daz.
This post was made thanks to Me, Myself and I.
pistacja

Re: Use blender

Postby Manuel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:45 pm

m.e wrote:This and a number of other suggestions (clothing say) would result in MH becoming a general-purpose 3D editor. I suggest it would be better to let existing programs such as blender do this as they already do the job and better than MH will ever do.

You can import your models into blender and arrange them as you will.

Yes, m.e. is right.
MH is not a general purpose sw. In next version you will be able to import geometry, but it's intended just for clothes, hairs and accessories, and just for a single character.

Regards,

Manuel
Manuel

Re: Scene editing

Postby Sethren » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:01 pm

Sorry if i had asked this before but what about the clothing sets you guys had done in Blender for MakeHuman? Will they still be accessible?
There was also talk of some fitting cloth algorithm at some point?
Sethren

Return to User contributions