How to load user contributed poses?

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

How to load user contributed poses?

Postby jgk381 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:57 pm

Hi, I just installed the makehuman software and would like to try some of the user contributed poses from here (http://www.makehumancommunity.org/poses.html) and I was just wondering how do I load them into the software?

Thank you
jgk381

Re: How to load user contributed poses?

Postby RobBaer » Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:29 pm

jgk381 wrote:Hi, I just installed the makehuman software and would like to try some of the user contributed poses from here (http://www.makehumancommunity.org/poses.html) and I was just wondering how do I load them into the software?

Thank you

Start MH and go to the community tab. Synchronize assets (bottom right), then update list bottom left, and finally choose a pose and click download. The asset should install. Synchronize only needs doing periodically.
RobBaer

Postby jgk381 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:14 pm

RobBaer wrote:
jgk381 wrote:Hi, I just installed the makehuman software and would like to try some of the user contributed poses from here (http://www.makehumancommunity.org/poses.html) and I was just wondering how do I load them into the software?

Thank you

Start MH and go to the community tab. Synchronize assets (bottom right), then update list bottom left, and finally choose a pose and click download. The asset should install. Synchronize only needs doing periodically.

Got it, thanks :D
jgk381

Postby jgk381 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:37 pm

Hi, I have another question. When I open some of the model poses, their arms/hands are going through their legs, but in the thumbnail image their arms/hands are positioned on top of their legs. Do you know if this is a glitch or is there a way to adjust their arms/hands position manually?

pose.png
jgk381

Postby tomcat » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:29 pm

jgk381 wrote:Do you know if this is a glitch or is there a way to adjust their arms/hands position manually?

The poses are made to fit a certain body (usually a standard one). If the body proportions change (arms/legs/torso are shortened/lengthened) then exactly what is shown in the picture happens. MH doesn't have a fix for this. You need to assign a rig and correct it in 3D editing software (e.g. Blender).
Foreigners' reactions to Russian "Bird's Milk" candies
— Are your birds being milked?
— In Russia everyone is milked. Here even the zucchini is used to make caviar.
tomcat

Postby jgk381 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:04 pm

tomcat wrote:
jgk381 wrote:Do you know if this is a glitch or is there a way to adjust their arms/hands position manually?

The poses are made to fit a certain body (usually a standard one). If the body proportions change (arms/legs/torso are shortened/lengthened) then exactly what is shown in the picture happens. MH doesn't have a fix for this. You need to assign a rig and correct it in 3D editing software (e.g. Blender).

Ok thanks.
jgk381

Return to User contributions