cleanup/audit of the docs for MH and Blender??

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

cleanup/audit of the docs for MH and Blender??

Postby robertltux » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:56 pm

Could somebody please do some touchup on the docs surrounding using Blender with MH??

I think either i have hit a bug or the current docs are partly fictional. I have Blender 2.6 and the MHX import does not work
is this due to a bug in MH or is this something about Blender 2.6?? (import complains that the file is version 1.0 and 1.9 is expected and if i force it it asks me to try the 2.5 version (which im already using).

as a side note how do i go about making a custom target?? (this would be a early alpha for a MakeKidlet target)
robertltux

Re: cleanup/audit of the docs for MH and Blender??

Postby Rhynedahll » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:34 am

robertltux wrote:Could somebody please do some touchup on the docs surrounding using Blender with MH??

I think either i have hit a bug or the current docs are partly fictional. I have Blender 2.6 and the MHX import does not work
is this due to a bug in MH or is this something about Blender 2.6?? (import complains that the file is version 1.0 and 1.9 is expected and if i force it it asks me to try the 2.5 version (which im already using).

as a side note how do i go about making a custom target?? (this would be a early alpha for a MakeKidlet target)

Your problem, which is encountered quite frequently by new folks, is remedied quite easily.

The fault lies not with the documentation, but is a result of the speed with which the software changes. The .mhx version included with the official release of MH is out of date. If you are using Blender 2.60a, then you should be using a nightly build (link in list on left of main MH blog page). Occasionally, the nightly builds get out of whack, but in general they work fine.

MH is still in an Alpha stage, so these sorts of difficulties are not unexpected.
Orphan, an epic fantasy by H. Jonas Rhynedahll
The Key to Magic: Book One
Available on Kindle at Amazon: The Key to Magic
Rhynedahll

Postby joepal » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:13 pm

If someone wants to put dibs on the documentation management, they're welcome to it. The last person who was responsible for them dropped out and haven't been heard from in a while.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby robertltux » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:52 pm

Rhynedahll wrote:Your problem, which is encountered quite frequently by new folks, is remedied quite easily.

The fault lies not with the documentation, but is a result of the speed with which the software changes. The .mhx version included with the official release of MH is out of date. If you are using Blender 2.60a, then you should be using a nightly build (link in list on left of main MH blog page). Occasionally, the nightly builds get out of whack, but in general they work fine.

MH is still in an Alpha stage, so these sorts of difficulties are not unexpected.

i think i may have been hit by a Nightly bug (a redo with the currentish nightly worked).

Now does anybody have the docs on how to make a custom target handy??
robertltux

Postby brkurt » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:05 am

You're in luck...I asked the same question over a week ago, and all the info you will need is here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2026
brkurt

Return to User contributions