Documentationl for MakeTarget?

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Documentationl for MakeTarget?

Postby brkurt » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:36 pm

Hello! What I (and I believe) others need is a document that shows how to complete the loop between Blender 2.6x and Makehuman, which must be pretty near Alpha 7 by now. I'm having trouble understanding for instance, what to do with maketarget_b25x.py; is it to be installed in User Preferences? And in what category? :?

I'm firm in the belief that maketarget could really take off as a tool, if Makehuman and Blender can run concurrently, much the same way Blender and Gimp work when one is detailing a UV map. :geek:
brkurt

Re: Documentationl for MakeTarget?

Postby ThomasL » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:26 am

I wrote something very quick intended for Manuel http://sites.google.com/site/makehumandocs/blender-export-and-mhx/maketarget-for-blender-2-6x. The last part, about fitting the clothing templates, may change in the future. It is not clear to me if it is a good idea to make the templates part of the base mesh.

And the line "so it might be better if I do it" only applies to Manuel, of course, ;)
ThomasL

Postby brkurt » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:42 pm

Thanks, Thomas; it works great! :D

I'm working with a seriously talented young artist who is obsessed with Anime; it's kind of a crash course for me. Now I can bridge the gap between Anime and Makehuman, and contribute the result. I have only one small question: are the Eyebrows part of the Base Mesh?

brkurt

Postby ThomasL » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:14 am

Yes, everything in base.obj is part of the base mesh, including eyebrows and joint diamonds. In the future there might be additional invisible geometry, to help adapt clothes to different characters.
ThomasL

Postby brkurt » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:18 am

And that's an important point to remember. For the longest time, the first thing I did after an import was to delete Diamonds and those EyeBrows. Now, since I can use MakeTarget, I'll remember to use an invisible material for them instead. :geek:
brkurt

Postby Manuel » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:08 pm

brkurt wrote:Thanks, Thomas; it works great! :D

I'm working with a seriously talented young artist who is obsessed with Anime; it's kind of a crash course for me. Now I can bridge the gap between Anime and Makehuman, and contribute the result.

Kurt, if you have a talented artist for anime, you should try a synergy with us. We have plans and design for a makeanime since 2009:

http://makehuman.blogspot.com/2009/12/a ... -tool.html

but stopped due the lack of resources.
Please contact me to my email (you have it) to give me more info.

best,

Manuel
Manuel

Return to User contributions