german localization

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: german localization

Postby mflerackers » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:15 am

Normally buttons should expand when the text is too long, but the rest of the layout might not adapt yet. Breast is currently only for females.
MakeHuman project Developer
mflerackers

Postby frosch » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:47 am

Hi

i finished the german translation. As Andy said, there are problems to order the ethincs in a correct way. I found that it's structured like written in the book "Drawing People" by Joumana Medlej. To bring the given items and the future implementations of targets in a context, I decided to name the main tab "Typus" the sub menu "Region" which means the country or continent and the sub ethnics in "Typus" again.

As I wrote before, there are a lot of duplicate mimics, so there are also duplicate descriptions. To find the correct meaning, I run MH and set the individual boxes to see what happens and named the expressen to what I've seen.

There is nearly evreything translatet except the plugins and the messures. It makes no sence to translate it at this time.

One last word to Andy - Thank you very much for the ctitics and comments. Now its up to you, to finish the file, becouse I have to go to the hospital next weak and I think I'll have to stay there for a very long time. Maybe I'll come back and see the german version of MH.

Cheers frosch
Attachments
german_final.zip
(4.13 KiB) Downloaded 395 times
frosch

Postby andy8222 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:04 pm

Hi frosch,

don't worry I am going to check your file, do the corrections and then - if I have your permission - send it to the project owner that it can be included in makehuman officially. I will not forget to mention your involvement.

It is sad to hear that you have to go to hospital, maybe even for a long time. Personally, I wish you all the best and hope you are going to get well soon!

Cheers Andy
andy8222

Postby frosch » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:47 am

Hi Andy,

you have my permission to do what you want with this file. I did it becouse I wanted to go forward whith MH. My job is done.

Thank you and cheers, frosch
frosch

Postby Manuel » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:59 am

I've committed the file yesterday.
Thanks Andy and Frosch. If you guys tell me your real name, I'll thank you in the new site.

Best,

Manuel
Manuel

Postby plm » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi guys,

I am new to the MH scene and discovered an issue with the German translation:
It’s about undo and redo... in German it is too long.

Maybe you can leave it in English or move the buttons below each other.
Another way is to replace the words with signs like Arrows or something and use the translation only as "quick info" if you hover over the button.
I am German native too. If you need any help with translations let me know...

cheers plm
plm

Postby andy8222 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:14 pm

Hi plm,

welcome to the MH forum and sorry for answering late, I wasn't around for quite a while :?

As one of the creators of the German language file, I know that the translations for undo and redo are too long but at the time I created the file I had no better idea how to translate it instead. At least the meaning is correct and that was the most important thing for me.

Also, the makehuman GUI is not finished yet as Makehuman still being in alpha stage.

All the makehuman language files are to be found in ...\makehuman\data\languages and can be modified from here.

I cannot speak for the makehuman team officially, but they always need help and if you think you can participate with anything I think it is best to just shortly contact the project owner, Manuel, and discuss things with him.

Cheers,

Andy
andy8222

Previous

Return to User contributions