I can get macOS builds

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: I can get macOS builds

Postby eray » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:29 am

sureshkumar wrote:hai
shall i proceed as per the link which u have send me ?? or you want me to wait for your next message??

I noticed that I didn't compile assets on old build. I updated build.

You can use the Drive link I sent, it should be fine now.

If macOS prevents you from launching app (Because it's not signed yet) follow this tutorial to whitelist MakeHuman: https://thewiredshopper.com/apple-canno ... are-error/
eray

Postby joepal » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:02 pm

Status updates can be found in the PR: https://github.com/makehumancommunity/m ... n/pull/148

Atm we're discussing how to restructure the PR to make it fit into the code repo.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby sureshkumar » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:19 am

eray wrote:
shall i proceed as per the link which u have send me ?? or you want me to wait for your next message??

I noticed that I didn't compile assets on old build. I updated build.

You can use the Drive link I sent, it should be fine now.

If macOS prevents you from launching app (Because it's not signed yet) follow this tutorial to whitelist MakeHuman: https://thewiredshopper.com/apple-canno ... are-error/

Hi,

Thank you for ur reply,I'm downloaded your link and install MH 1.2.0 final . But Community and Socket is not there in your MH1.2.0 Final version .so how to link them, because socket was connect the blender to MH. Can you guide me...?
sureshkumar

Postby Aranuvir » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:05 pm

You need to download the "socket", "mhapi" and perhaps "download assets" plugin. Zip files MUST be unpacked !!!! Then go to your home folder. There should be a folder called makehuman and from there go to v1py3/plugins. Copy the folders 1_mhapi, 8_server_socket and 8_asset_downloader to that location. On the next start of MakeHuman go to settings user plugins and activate the plugins in the order of their numbers. Perhaps you have to restart MakeHuman.
BTW, MakeHuman has a basic plugin installer. But the folder structure from github downloads is not suitable for that purpose. You CANNOT use these zip files directly from github !!!! If you want to use the builtin installer you have to repack the folders mentioned above as zip files.
Aranuvir

Postby eray » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:05 pm

Aranuvir wrote:You need to download the "socket", "mhapi" and perhaps "download assets" plugin. Zip files MUST be unpacked !!!! Then go to your home folder. There should be a folder called makehuman and from there go to v1py3/plugins. Copy the folders 1_mhapi, 8_server_socket and 8_asset_downloader to that location. On the next start of MakeHuman go to settings user plugins and activate the plugins in the order of their numbers. Perhaps you have to restart MakeHuman.
BTW, MakeHuman has a basic plugin installer. But the folder structure from github downloads is not suitable for that purpose. You CANNOT use these zip files directly from github !!!! If you want to use the builtin installer you have to repack the folders mentioned above as zip files.

Yeah, that will solve the problem. I updated the build in Drive with plugins. You can either add plugins manually as Aranuvir mentioned or download new build from the Drive link. Please let us know if you experience any problems with socket and community plugins :)
eray

Postby joepal » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:25 pm

I've now uploaded the latest build to tuxfamily and started a wiki page with specific notes for the mac build: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Releases:120mac

Maybe you can add additional notes there, if there is something else users should be aware of before downloading? Is there a minimum osx version required for example?
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Aranuvir » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:22 pm

Out of curiosity, where does that OpenGL library come from. What's the license? Do we have do give credit?
Aranuvir

Postby eray » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:51 pm

joepal wrote:I've now uploaded the latest build to tuxfamily and started a wiki page with specific notes for the mac build: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Releases:120mac

Maybe you can add additional notes there, if there is something else users should be aware of before downloading? Is there a minimum osx version required for example?

Thanks for credit. The only thing to keep an eye on is crashes related to PyQt5, I experienced that a few times before reinstalling PyQt5==5.12.2 after reinstall it disappeared somehow.

Aranuvir wrote:Out of curiosity, where does that OpenGL library come from. What's the license? Do we have do give credit?

PyOpenGL wrapper is already used in MakeHuman. For macOS I modified PyOpenGL slightly so it can find local OpenGL library (It currently can't find library on Big Sur. Probably because that Apple is slowly deprecating the OpenGL)
eray

Postby sureshkumar » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:45 am

eray wrote:
Aranuvir wrote:You need to download the "socket", "mhapi" and perhaps "download assets" plugin. Zip files MUST be unpacked !!!! Then go to your home folder. There should be a folder called makehuman and from there go to v1py3/plugins. Copy the folders 1_mhapi, 8_server_socket and 8_asset_downloader to that location. On the next start of MakeHuman go to settings user plugins and activate the plugins in the order of their numbers. Perhaps you have to restart MakeHuman.

Yeah, that will solve the problem. I updated the build in Drive with plugins. You can either add plugins manually as Aranuvir mentioned or download new build from the Drive link. Please let us know if you experience any problems with socket and community plugins :)

Hi,

Thank you for MH1.2.0 in MacOS build. It's working....!!!! Community Assets and Socket plugins...!!! I AM FOUND ONE BUG IN COMMUNITY/DOWNLOAD ASSET PLUGIN: If i downloaded any one asset, after that software Hang. So i'm Force quit the MH software and Again open it. Every time i'm downloaded asset to face this issue.

Please Reply Text..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
sureshkumar

Postby eray » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:02 am

sureshkumar wrote:
eray wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for MH1.2.0 in MacOS build. It's working....!!!! Community Assets and Socket plugins...!!! I AM FOUND ONE BUG IN COMMUNITY/DOWNLOAD ASSET PLUGIN: If i downloaded any one asset, after that software Hang. So i'm Force quit the MH software and Again open it. Every time i'm downloaded asset to face this issue.

Please Reply Text..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Which version of macOS are you using?

There are some crash/hang problems related to Qt. The problem you mentioned is probably also related to Qt. I'll investigate that.
Crash log: https://hastebin.com/icobiwehos
eray

PreviousNext

Return to User contributions