Want to sell some

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Want to sell some

Postby Marco_105 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:19 pm

Hello,

I need to sell some model on sketchfab.
Mesh are mine but clothes I take could be some property of designer, so how it's possible ?
I can also allow just mesh clothes without texture, after you.
Marco_105

Re: Want to sell some

Postby punkduck » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:14 pm

Marco_105 wrote:Hello,

I need to sell some model on sketchfab.
Mesh are mine but clothes I take could be some property of designer, so how it's possible ?
I can also allow just mesh clothes without texture, after you.

Well when you use only CC0 assets it is allowed to do whatever you want, but when you use CC-BY assets, then it is not your work and it is free for everyone. It does not matter if you use only parts of it and leave out the texture. I already found people doing that with my Ava model and with the motorcycle clothes.

This is simply embarrassing to be honest. I normally will do a comment, that everyone can get the asset for free and add the link to MakeHuman.

Using CC-BY assets in an image or youtube movie usually demands mentioning the author. If you sell something which is for free it is not okay. Nevertheless you can ask the author, maybe you can get an agreement with her or him. Since it is the work of the author he/she can also decide if he/she will do an exception.
punkduck

Postby Marco_105 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:25 pm

Ok, thank you for your answer.
My sell price is global.
Maybe I can show some model with clothes and the download file is nude, just put a link to Makehuman asset
when I don't know exactly if I can join the clothes with !
Marco_105

Postby MTKnife » Fri May 01, 2020 3:27 am

The license for each asset (piece of clothing) should be in the MHCLO file--so you don't have to remember where it came from.
MTKnife

Postby Marco_105 » Fri May 01, 2020 1:55 pm

Even if I sell only the mesh, if clothes belong to the file I have to take that in mind ?
Marco_105

Postby MTKnife » Sat May 02, 2020 6:36 pm

It depends on the license. Each piece of clothing will tell you, in its MHCLO file, what kind of license it has--then you look up that license (with Google), and bam, that's the info you need.
MTKnife

Return to User contributions