Lightwave 3D Exporting?

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Lightwave 3D Exporting?

Postby adaminator1 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:02 am

I just think this would be a pretty cool feature; Exporting to Lightwave's .lwo object format and the skeleton rig being made out of skelegons? Lightwave is a software thats not *too* expensive and I've been attempting to rig the characters myself by importing the .obj's, but its really hard to do so because of the dense polygon flow... (Lightwave requires mapping bones to a specific portion of an object and thats hard to do with a dense ammount of polygons ;) )

Either that, or an export function with reduced polygons on the object would be great, a minimalist option for the polygon front. Just sayin' ^^

In an earlier build, exporting an object got a object proxy as well, which was much reduced in that area, enough to rig. However in the latest version, it's been removed... *sadface*

Thanks for viewing this topic,
The Adaminator

P.S: Makehuman ROCKS. I don't know what I'd do without it, considering I've attempted modeling humans before and always... Well, failed. XD
adaminator1

Re: Lightwave 3D Exporting?

Postby mflerackers » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:21 am

If you export an obj with groups, can't you just assign entire groups to bones? As far as I know the proxy wasn't removed, but you might have to uncomment the ones you want in proxy.cfg:

#./data/templates/Rorkimaru.proxy
#./data/templates/forsaken.proxy
#./data/templates/ascottk.proxy
MakeHuman project Developer
mflerackers

Re: Lightwave 3D Exporting?

Postby adaminator1 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:37 am

mflerackers wrote:If you export an obj with groups, can't you just assign entire groups to bones? As far as I know the proxy wasn't removed, but you might have to uncomment the ones you want in proxy.cfg:

#./data/templates/Rorkimaru.proxy
#./data/templates/forsaken.proxy
#./data/templates/ascottk.proxy

I'll try. I probably just wasn't too experienced enough with Lightwave to know that *facepalm* Eheheheh

Thanks for replying ^^
adaminator1

Return to User contributions