Suggestions and other stuff

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Suggestions and other stuff

Postby fuzzcube » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:54 am

Hi I am new to the forum, but I've been watching the project since 2005(?) Even before the first alpha release.

anyway using 9.0rc1 the base mesh is not perfectly symetrical which sometimes makes post editing difficult when symetry is key,
Mabye you would want to put a mirroring option in make human

any thoughts on future use of the make target as a .py plugin for blender perhaps customizable for character editors or perhaps even a mesh import (this would be probably way later though) in make human? I don't use make human for my mesh but rather to get renderings for Reference Images (orthagonal view), but I would love to see these features later integrated one way or another.

Sooner or later I will be making a tutorial of how to make good reference images from make human with blender. Any one care if I post a copy here? It's in .pdf format and will also be on one of the blender forums along with some of my other tutorials.

Finally what about the skeleton? Is that going to be finished in the next version? And what about a skeleton/muscular system modeler? this would be more for anatomy purposes, basically working the same way it does now except the targets wouldn't take effect on the skin (there would be maybe a layers button or something) but rather on the bones or muscles, so one could make prehistoric human skeleton structures and such...
fuzzcube

Re: Suggestions and other stuff

Postby Manuel » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:19 am

fuzzcube wrote:Hi I am new to the forum, but I've been watching the project since 2005(?) Even before the first alpha release.

anyway using 9.0rc1 the base mesh is not perfectly symetrical which sometimes makes post editing difficult when symetry is key,
Mabye you would want to put a mirroring option in make human

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=97&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=symmetry

any thoughts on future use of the make target as a .py plugin for blender perhaps customizable for character editors or perhaps even a mesh import (this would be probably way later though) in make human? I don't use make human for my mesh but rather to get renderings for Reference Images (orthagonal view), but I would love to see these features later integrated one way or another.

Next version will provide an utility to load a custom wavefront obj and to convert it to target.
Of course it must be an obj derived from base mesh.

Sooner or later I will be making a tutorial of how to make good reference images from make human with blender. Any one care if I post a copy here? It's in .pdf format and will also be on one of the blender forums along with some of my other tutorials.

No problem.

Finally what about the skeleton? Is that going to be finished in the next version? And what about a skeleton/muscular system modeler? this would be more for anatomy purposes, basically working the same way it does now except the targets wouldn't take effect on the skin (there would be maybe a layers button or something) but rather on the bones or muscles, so one could make prehistoric human skeleton structures and such...

Skeleton references exist implicitally in MH mesh. The main problem is how to export them. Blender don't import correctly collada format, while wavefront obj don't include them. Because next version will be fully python scriptable, we can think to a custom format (makehuman script to export, Blender script to import), or anyone can help coding exporters in other formats...
Manuel

Re: Suggestions and other stuff

Postby fuzzcube » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:08 am

Sorry I couldn't reply so soon, I've been quite busy.
I like these Ideas, new exporters, the new 3d gui, and especially the use of python (my favorite language, as I seem to use it the most, unfortunally I cannot code, at least not yet :) though looking to learn)

I've got a few things to finish then I will get to writing the ref tutorial, though Soon I might post some example shots of what you can get with this method.

I'll keep watching, and keep up the good work. I cant wait to see what comes next for mh.
fuzzcube

Return to User contributions