Simplified version of the software

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Simplified version of the software

Postby flockyfloc » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Hello !

In order to use the software with patients suffering from anorexia nervosa (allow them following the measurement to perceive the difference between their representations and the actual size of their body), I would like to be able to use a simplified version that would not include than the following tabs :

Files
Modelling /main
Modelling /measure
Modelling / gender /breast
Modelling/ torso /stomack/buttock and pelvis
Geometrics / hair
Geometrics / eyesbrow
Geometrics / eyelashes
Utilities/help

I do not need the other tabs and will need the software to be in French.

Is my application feasible?

Thank you for your help :D
Have a good day
Florian
flockyfloc

Re: Simplified version of the software

Postby RobBaer » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:09 am

The French part is easy. Go to Settings > General tab and choose French_generic on the right.

Removing tabs is theoretically possible but it will require some python skill, a knowledge of pyQt5, and some patience editing code.
RobBaer

Postby Aranuvir » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:19 am

I didn't check the translations, but I assume they desperately need an overhaul...
Aranuvir

Postby flockyfloc » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:59 pm

Thanks for your answer
RobBaer wrote:The French part is easy. Go to Settings > General tab and choose French_generic on the right.
Yes, I ever do that

Removing tabs is theoretically possible but it will require some python skill, a knowledge of pyQt5, and some patience editing code.

Yes, I try to learn this knowledge but it's long.
Perhaps, someone can help me ? ;)
flockyfloc

Postby joepal » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:17 am

Simplifying the UI is also very easy. If you're not interested in clothes, eyebrows, proxies etc, simply delete the corresponding plugins in the plugins directory. Next time you start MH the tabs won't be there.

Decreasing the number of modeling options is slightly more involved though, but by no means rocket science. It would mainly involve editing https://github.com/makehumancommunity/m ... iders.json to remove what you don't want.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby RobBaer » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:47 pm

Wow. I don't think I ever started MH with absolutely NO Plugins activated. Pretty disturbing result.
plugless.png
no plutgins

Although the Modeling, Geometries, Material, Pose/Animate, Rendering tabs remain on the interface, there is nothing functional if you click on them. The right panel shows the "files data" for all but the Settings tab. The settings tab only lets you reactivate plugins. The files tab appears to show an appropriately sized and rotated version of the genderless, disturbing image above.
RobBaer

Return to User contributions