Background Tool

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Background Tool

Postby Sethren » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:13 am

Please add the option to adjust the brightness and contrast to a background image as it would make it easy to see certain details that are otherwise dull in certain photographs.
Sethren

Re: Background Tool

Postby mflerackers » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:41 am

Can't you do that in gimp before loading the background?
MakeHuman project Developer
mflerackers

Postby Sethren » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:06 am

True, just a thought i suppose.
Sethren

Postby Sethren » Mon May 30, 2011 9:18 pm

Well, i finally got around to modifying an image to use for the background tool and not go. No matter if a outline the image, mess with the contrast and brightness to better see it under the mesh, it simply does not work well enough. I think the issue here is the lack of being able to vary the opacity of the mesh to better see the image beneath and also what would help is a more outlined type of shading for the mesh so that way the background image can be seen better. Otherwise i will have to wait a long time until the face reconstruction tool in implemented.

Also is there a way to modify the nostrils of the nose. I tried with the macro tool but i could not select the nostrils by themselves. Are there simply morphs lacking in that zone?
Sethren

Postby Manuel » Mon May 30, 2011 9:49 pm

Sethren wrote:
Also is there a way to modify the nostrils of the nose. I tried with the macro tool but i could not select the nostrils by themselves. Are there simply morphs lacking in that zone?

What kind of morph you need? We are redesigning the details targets for alpha7.
Manuel

Postby Sethren » Mon May 30, 2011 10:40 pm

Here is an example of a woman with scottish and welsh origins who has a rather unique face to say the least. Her nose is mainly my issue. Nostrils are rather broad, bold while her nose over all is tiny, smaller chin area, almond-like eyes, triangular rounded? face, eyes and lower nose seem more wide apart, wider cheek area.
Attachments
ml.JPG
Sethren

Return to User contributions