Iliac furrow

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Iliac furrow

Postby blindsaypatten » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:41 pm

I have made a quick target that adjusts the "iliac furrow" to closer approach reality. The iliac furrow is essentially the dividing line between the leg and the torso. The default model has a too squared-off up-and-then-out line which doesn't work anatomically and just doesn't look as attractive as a more realistic contour:
IliacCompare.jpg
Before and after applying the iliac target

Perhaps I made the external obliques too prominent, or it could just be the lighting, it's much less prominent within MakeHuman.
I'm not posting this to the user contribs library because I haven't morphed the helper meshes yet, and I'm not sure if I will bother. The morph won't be noticeable anyway with most clothes, and I find matching the helper meshes to body changes quite tedious. I've attached it to this post.
iliac.zip
(1.87 KiB) Downloaded 442 times

People vary in the prominence of their internal vs external oblique muscles.
AbMusclesDiagram.jpg

CompareAbs.jpg
blindsaypatten

Re: Iliac furrow

Postby jujube » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:21 am

I misread it as "lilac furrow" at first, lol
I don't think you need to change the helpers IMO, and actually having the clothes bulge out differently for a target like this would be worse, unless the clothes were a wetsuit or something, since the target mostly just makes it more defined, rather than bigger.
jujube

Return to User contributions