Facial animation.

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Facial animation.

Postby julesd » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:21 am

Ok, I would like to work in game making, but creating the art work is a pain, every software I use seems to be missing something, Ive used software that have great facial animation , but when export to fbx or collada there is no animation.And the closes I think that does what I would like to, would be iclone 4, using the G3 Avatars.These use bones.But animation can not be exported.

Well I'm not sure if the makehuman Avatars have bones in them yet, but can you please work on a system, that uses bone for the face expressions.
And when exported, to what ever format, the animation is there.

I would like to see makehuman as the ultimate tool for making humans.

1-create human, this includes hair from hair packs for makehuman.

2-add clothing, from clothing packs for make human (perhaps using bones as well, so when run in a simulator(wind,running...), key frames are recorded, and exported.

3-add bvh file to model, should be simple, select model,select button or menu file "merge bvh file" and the body bones of the human will now have the bvh animation, not the facial bones of coarse.
Or some IK manual editing.

4-Then create the animation for clothing, by running the human through a Physics simulator, ajustable gravity,wind.

This should create the finale animation for the human and clothing.
So we have body motion, facial motion, clothing animation.
Everything you would want

6- export fbx or collada would be nice.

I'm just tired of straight face characters in games, so facial animation is important to me.

Now when I load this in say something like Ultimate Unwrap3d.
I see it, as it was in Makehuman and when animated you see all the animations.Maybe place all facial animation at end of file.
When programming, call up the frames you want for animation.

Not asking much for free software am I, lol.

anyways this is a dream of mine, and I'm hoping a product that can do all of that will arrive soon.

All the animation could probably be done in another program, perhaps Makehumananimation.
julesd

Re: Facial animation.

Postby Manuel » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:32 am

It's matter of resources. First we have to complete the static features.

Best,

Manuel
Manuel

Re: Facial animation.

Postby orindoomhammer » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:42 am

on the matter of facial expressions, i have successfully built a face rig on a make human mesh both by hand in 3ds max and using face robot in xsi(easy if you know xsi well.. i don't) anyway the facial animations when exported to fbx should have the bake animation tag checked other whys things like that wont work at all in real time rendering engines and most of the animation data between packages would be lost as well. what you are trying to do is simple if you know how to do it. im not going to go into the process as you say you have already built the rig and gotten it to work but do not forget to hit the bake animations tab on your way out of the fbx exporter.. ps fbx and collada are the same exporter.
orindoomhammer

Return to User contributions