New contribute

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

New contribute

Postby Marco_105 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:28 am

Hello community,

Early this morning I upload some contribute to share with you.
You know that my english is modest because none native, I hope it will be enought to understand each other.

So, I uploaded essentially some Targets as helper for shape body and also one Teeth model which could improve smile of your model.

I'm very happy to see how some artist emulation up-and-coming to contribute in the clothes part and I saw how much good skill they share for all of us.

Next for me is to make some scene in the Gallery to show the result and I beginning soon for it !
I could help you if needed to better understand some part of BL and reach the result as they wish.
Attachments
Udma-01.png
Marco_105

Re: New contribute

Postby punkduck » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:20 pm

Hi Marco_105

Considering the language, simply add the country and/or location in your user control panel. We are an international bunch of people and we all have our native language, obviously it is not always English. It is one of the greatest achievements of the internet, that we can communicate this way. English is, when you consider the grammar, more or less simple compared to French, German, Slavic languages or even Finno-Ugric languages (Hungarian etc.). And these languages are used only in a small part of our planet ... consider Asia, Africa ... ;)

As you've done a lot of comments, I changed my jeans skirt (two times) and v-neck top. I hope it works now for your characters. I know that most people here in the forum are using their characters as avatars or sometimes in game engines. My way is a different approach just to create a (mostly everyday life) scene. So most of the work I used for the textures and sometimes I forgot to cope with usability of the clothes and then I make all my corrections in Blender.

Btw.: "smiling" is a rather complicate topic. If it should be real, smiling is a facial expression which also includes all parts of your face. If in a relationship e.g. a girlfriend smiles like the girls of a fashion magazin, one should start to look for a new one :lol:

Reason: the eyes are also involved, everyone notices that by instinct, but most of the people can't explain the difference!

This is the english version in Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smile

For my girls I've done it directly in Blender only using the bones and not the shape keys, so that an animation is also possible. And then I asked other people, if the smiling looks real or fake ;)
punkduck

---

Postby DredNicolson » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:10 pm

Indeed, a character with a shape-keyed smile will always smile the same way. This is fine for CGtoons (cartoons animated with CG) and other stylized work, but is going to look robotic on any character who's supposed to look and move like a real(ish) person. A face rig allows small realistic variations for each smile that are tuned to the circumstances and mood of the shot. Of course, one can also use both: a set of shape-keys for basic expressions and a face rig to tweak them.
DredNicolson

Re: ---

Postby brkurt » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:19 pm

DredNicolson wrote:Indeed, a character with a shape-keyed smile will always smile the same way. This is fine for CGtoons (cartoons animated with CG) and other stylized work, but is going to look robotic on any character who's supposed to look and move like a real(ish) person. A face rig allows small realistic variations for each smile that are tuned to the circumstances and mood of the shot. Of course, one can also use both: a set of shape-keys for basic expressions and a face rig to tweak them.

Correct. That's why (while we were waiting for MH 1.1.0) I posted the series "The Mystery of O", where I created all the necessary visemes with poses, not shape keys. That's the better approach, because it means a shape key associated with a pose can be used for fine tuning, especially if one knows how to code in Python. :geek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqoYypBC6ts
brkurt

Postby Marco_105 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:20 pm

Smile_star_teeth.png
Smile_base_teeth.png
@punkduck
I saw that you've made change but nevermind you did amazing job on clothes assets contribute than I never saw.
That works very fine and all that assets beautiful making for real-life scene that I want to build also.

Otherway, I would like mean that I bring an asset for teeth which could be found on "body extensions".

That's right I don't want fix smile too but the purpose was to make some star_teeth which look more pronounced :
the first one have teeth look more presence and longest that the following one. It why I name it Star_teeth, maybe it's a bit exagerate but also intentionnal purpose, star have a lot teeth face if you follow what I mean.

By the way I'm agree that in animation or for better naturlish way, tweaks bones is a good method to make facial expression, that they can be store in bones library to remain it later, a similar way could be found by mixing shape-key...

The point overall is that for now we have to choose at start of importing model in BL which skeleton to use and we cannot easily change between mocap skeleton (usefull to bring allready animate) and complete skeleton for tweaks facial and handling evry pose. I look for a solution for it that I tested recently.
Marco_105

Postby punkduck » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:25 pm

Our skull has only one bone, which is able to move, the jawbone. But the facial muscles will allow us 1000's of different poses. And the stretching of the skin is not really local ... go in front of a mirror and look what happens to the ears, when you move your jaw.

So each way could only be an approximation of the real world. Shape-keys (using a start and end point and changing linear between these points) and also bones (using a weighting of vertices near the bones and also working linear) are a way to make it look real. Another approach is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuZMMZ8vbNk

But I'm also far away from this perfection and for a character posing somewhere in the background this does not matter. But of course, I'm also dreaming, that in some times we will all be able to do that ... ;)

Your teeth are better than the original version. I always lower the teeth after importing them in Blender and put them a tiny bit forward. If you want, you can select each tooth and assign another material (like pearl maybe). Or simply add more gloss in Blender for the complete teeth, the internal part of the mouth normally is wet, so it is okay to work like this.

With the MOCAP skeleton my experience is not so good, I need more details normally ... especially the "arm behind head" fashion pose does not really work without weird deformation ;)

Until now my way is to put all bones in a face-group and then I made a facial expression library in Blender (pose-library). To place a character, I first assign a pose from my pose-libs to the whole skeleton (e.g. sitting-poses), then I select all face bones and assign a pose from the facial expressions pose-library.

If you make facial pose libraries in Blender be aware that what is a smile for one character could be sth. completely different for another character ... :lol: ... so you need a library per character for the face.
punkduck

Postby Marco_105 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:30 am

OK video you link is very interesting and the near future feature for close up face animation but as you say it's for where we are and MH will be improve a lot to reach this purpose.

For facial animation I think mocap video hook on a rig still a good method as some MH video show it but depend of th e complexity possibility of that rig also.
In fact for now did we need so much those enhanced feature ?
I think there is other problems to resolve first, as you say some crease process to enhance shoulder junction with body (and other junction like) will be more interesting thing to plane with.

Otherway, for teeth you speak about MAT so I look on it because at first time I didn't make change on that part.
Marco_105

Return to User contributions