Making Hair best way

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Making Hair best way

Postby Marco_105 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:51 pm

The most important part of looking is hair, this is difficult to bring good stuff in MH, but you are clever guys, so could you find a good way to add it, please !
Marco_105

Re: Making Hair best way

Postby punkduck » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:49 pm

Hmm we have a few hair-styles in the assets, but obviously not much.

I also have created hair before I learned how strand hair is working in Blender, so I don't model so-called polygon-hair any longer. I tried polygon-hair for my first two girls (see link) by designing a hair-do similar to pictures using the real hair as a texture. I also add the hair to the skin (my girls all have their own skin also made from pictures), so that the skin is not visible in the head region through the hair.

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13688#p35771

The success is not so overwhelming, especially when you pose the characters laying sideways and the hair sticks to the body. I'm not a big fan of short hair or artificial hair-do (I believe it is called updo or swept-up hair-do in english). Yes I like long hair, so I always have these problems ... :cry:

For the last girl Dani I didn't make polygon-hair at all. So all I could do: I added a manual for strand-hair in the tutorials section, but I also know that this is only useful for Blender and of course it also uses my "library-method". For a new character, I've to do it all over again ...

I also tried to reactivate early MH hairdos ... with some funny results (e.g. hair did not scale etc.) ... :lol:
punkduck

Re: Making Hair best way

Postby Marco_105 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:56 pm

I think should be a way from bezier + bevel shape + taper possible... 8-)
Attachments
Hair01.PNG
Marco_105

Return to User contributions