Glasses again

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Glasses again

Postby punkduck » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:33 pm

Milkman asked me to make some glasses. I was the opinion that this does not work very well, but Joel Palmius gave me the right hint. So I uploaded the glasses. But I also want to give you the more functional original glasses designed for an imported MH character. The file only works with cycles render.

I added a small color setup to choose between optical and non-optical glasses. The non-optical version does have less distortion when you render with less than 2000 samples (I prefer that, because I do not want to wait a week before the hair-rendering is done). A RGB color wheel is also attached to make sunglasses. The next pictures show the differences. Of course you can also take this setup for the lenses, if you import the glasses from MH.

glasses_demo1.jpg

Next, poor Leska, blind like a bat :lol:

glasses_demo2.jpg

The way to get the result with the .blend attachment:
  • load or import your character in Blender (cycles mode)
  • append the blend-file, select the group "glasses".
  • the glasses should be quite okay, when you export the mhx2-character without modification in scale. If not, resize the glasses. Then put them in place. Switch off the hair, to see what you are doing ;)
  • the ear-pieces are designed in a way you can rotate them.
  • insert the armature three times in the front and both ear-pieces of the glasses. The vertex-group "head" is available and set to a value of 1.
  • select a color you like and optical shading or non-optical one.

glasses_demo3.jpg

If your character does not need the glasses, put it somewhere, that also works fine ... :mrgreen:

glasses_demo4.jpg

I hope nothing is missing in the zip-file. It is my first .blend upload (build on an older Blender 2.71, but that should not make a difference to the newest one).

glasses.zip
(187.95 KiB) Downloaded 1999 times
punkduck

Re: Glasses again

Postby RobBaer » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:04 am

Very cool. I have had several tries at glasses, and good lens geometry has been surprisingly challenging. I've also struggled to get vertex pinning that works well with MH sliders for the face without distorting the glasses. I think I'll learn a lot from studying what you've shared. Thanks!
RobBaer

Re: Glasses again

Postby GORYGIRL1996 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:01 am

THANKS FOR MAKING THESE WE NEED MORE GLASSES IN THE MH COMMUNITY. CURIOUS, DO U DO MODELING FROM SCRATCH, IF SO, DO U TAKE REQUESTS?
GORYGIRL1996

Return to User contributions