Scavenger thread

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Scavenger thread

Postby jujube » Tue May 01, 2018 11:46 pm

wolgade wrote:Well, I posted this question more than a year ago and was told immediately by other users that you're also a woman. So, we have two of them? :D

Whoops, haha didn't notice it was so old.
jujube

Postby learning » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:18 am

I think I should revive this thread, even if after 5 years. I recently found a model of a boxing glove on my disk, no idea when or where I got it from but I endeavored to make it into an asset. It may be not ideal, but it is better than nothing. On a render it looks like this:

pre.png
pre.png (72.7 KiB) Viewed 11611 times

I made it in two colors, red and blue, but I also included an xcf file that may help to add other colors more easily.
Attachments
boxing_gloves.zip
(6.28 MiB) Downloaded 684 times
learning

Postby BaronVonGott » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:21 am

YES! I didn't notice this thread before. I just went back and grabbed everything and am going to test it out. Biker stuff and boxing gloves? Hell yeah! \m/ I'll take any scrap asset you guys got laying around.
"The government, which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses and their employers, the special interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy." - Woodrow Wilson
BaronVonGott

Postby joepal » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:08 pm

I'm not going to start censoring stuff, but I'd like to make a few remarks.

First, with the advent of the new EU directive on copyright, site owners will become liable for what users upload, and will have to take measures to prevent users from uploading copyrighted materials. Once this is implemented, threads like this will start to cause real trouble for me as a site owner. If/when the law starts to requiring it of me, I will have to delete posts containing such material. And I really prefer not having to do that.

Second, we expect users of makehuman to show at least a modicum of respect for the licenses we have set on the software, and the licenses set by third-part authors in the repos. In consequence, it would be strange if we didn't show the same respect for other people's licenses, even commercial ones. We will thus ask users to not upload obviously copyrighted materials on the forum or in the repos.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby learning » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:18 pm

Well, then let's hope it'll never come to this. If worst comes to worst, I'll probably just post scavenged stuff to some file sharing sites and just post the links, so that they are not your liability any more. I can however say right away that although I have no respect for any kind of license whatsoever because I firmly believe that all information should be free, I don't have any commercial stuff either. Assets I scavenge and rip into MH are either abandonware or freeware licensed as "free for personal use", so as long as no one uses them for any sort of for-profit projects there shouldn't be any problems with them (and if someone does, dealing with copyright issues is their problem, not yours or mine).
learning

Previous

Return to User contributions