fairy costume

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

fairy costume

Postby CallHarvey3d » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:39 pm

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/cloth ... umev1.html

model i started for somebody. first working attempt. morphs pretty well, some issues
any suggestions for next model?
Attachments
tink.jpg
tink.jpg (17.47 KiB) Viewed 9596 times
CallHarvey3d

Re: fairy costume

Postby joepal » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:43 pm

Something to go with your horns target? A full costumed lucifer figure would be cool.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby CallHarvey3d » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:46 pm

joepal wrote:Something to go with your horns target? A full costumed lucifer figure would be cool.

NICE! im on it ;)
CallHarvey3d

Postby learning » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:46 pm

Cute. I'm sold, keep'em coming!
learning

Postby brkurt » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:01 pm

CallHarvey3d wrote:http://www.makehumancommunity.org/clothes/harveyfairycostumev1.html

model i started for somebody. first working attempt. morphs pretty well, some issues
any suggestions for next model?

The butterfly wings are a great start, how about dragonfly wings?

I started something in this area:

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12785

It's important that it also has a rig associated with it; most users will want to animate.
brkurt

Postby CallHarvey3d » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:14 pm

i was looking into joepals suggestion of lucifer and it got me thinking about rigged or morph-able attachments. is there a system in place to handle that? can clothes or body extensions have bones such as cape or wings? it would be simple enough to author some rigged dark angel wings or tail and a morph for the character mesh at the attachment point on the back to help blend the two models together. would require some blender touch up im sure but a 90%solution. same could solve a tail attachment, cape, ponytail, beard, or a number of other things. if not is there an area where a rigged attachment can even be uploaded in the forum? i may have to investigate the proxies and typologies section of the wiki but it feels like such a rabbit hole it will likely delay any content creation. could a new proxie solve that? thanks just poking for info/advice
CallHarvey3d

Postby joepal » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:53 pm

The answer is somewhere between yes and no. You can make a specific rig for the entire body with specific bones for the clothes layers. If you load a mesh "... with helpers" in blender, you can see what vertices are available to animate with such a rig. This is a bit clumsy though, since you have to share the rig between the body and the piece you wanted to animate specifically.

So say you want to have a rigged tail. The steps I'd start trying would be:

* Make a tail target which extend parts of the "coat" vertex group into a crude tail. This won't be visible inside MH. It doesn't need to look good as long as the mesh is reasonably even distributed along the tail.
* Make a tail clothing piece which you calculate against the coat vertex group.
* Edit the "default" rig and add a few bones for the tail
* Weight paint the new bones so that they only affect the "coat" vertex group.

To use the tail you'd now have to apply the target, the clothing and the rig. I haven't tried this, it's just a hypothesis that this might be a functional approach. It's entirely possible the rigging and weight painting will fail on export from MH in the end since the clothing layer vertices aren't exported. But it *might* work. Otherwise one'd have to extend the ass proper into a tail with a target.

I don't think there currently is any way to have a *separate* rig for a piece of clothing.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby CallHarvey3d » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:50 pm

Thanks! again, seems like some second level shit and i'm still just getting my feet wet generating content, but looking at the big picture, what i can contribute to the community, at this stage i think 3dsmax/makehuman pipeline tutorials and some custom rigs or proxies might be the most useful. ill try to keep outputting clothes and stuff as i learn and go. Lucifer clothes with Dr. Strange texture swap underway (first test with vertex groups) and then ill play with rigged wing attachment or extreme topology changes such as wings or tail that can be rigged post MH. Thanks for the feedback!
CallHarvey3d

Postby joepal » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:15 pm

Tutorials are always very welcome.

There's an excess of MH -> blender videos. We'd really need MH -> 3ds, MH -> Maya, MH -> UE4 etc, especially with detailed info on how to get rigging to work after export. Even more interesting would be 3ds -> MH, ie how to use something other than blender to design stuff for MH. At least targets are theoretically possible for this since there's a standalone maketarget which doesn't depend on blender.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby CallHarvey3d » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:32 pm

joepal wrote:Tutorials are always very welcome.

Even more interesting would be 3ds -> MH, ie how to use something other than blender to design stuff for MH. At least targets are theoretically possible for this since there's a standalone maketarget which doesn't depend on blender.

this I have resolved. a bit of trial and error with obj import export options and simple tri-quad conversion have that end down to a science picking up after VscorpianC install tutorial. target and clothes works good. i'll try put that together late next week
CallHarvey3d

Next

Return to User contributions