Make-up layer for lips (inspired by Grinsegold)

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Make-up layer for lips (inspired by Grinsegold)

Postby Aranuvir » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:43 pm

Here is a alpha-mask for the lips. The cycles node-setup is the same as for the smoky eyes: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/conte ... _eyes.html (thank you Grinsegold for this idea). Just a slight difference in the setup: Do not plug the color output to color2 of the MixRGB-Node, except you want gothic lips. Use color2 to set your desired lip color instead.
A good normalmap for the lips is missing. Perhaps someone could provide one.

Lip_Stick01.png

Alphamask:
cycles_lipstick_alphamask.png
Aranuvir

Re: Make-up layer for lips (inspired by Grinsegold)

Postby Milkman » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:48 pm

Thank You vor small but very important asset :D

BTW "A good normalmap for the lips is missing. Perhaps someone could provide one."

In Blender You can use for example "young lightskinned female" as a bump map, it works (multiply by 0,2 to 0,3) and connect to displacement, it's very delicate but nice effect ;)
Milkman

Re: Make-up layer for lips (inspired by Grinsegold)

Postby Aranuvir » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:13 pm

Hi Milkman,

thanks back to you, for your advice about the displacement. The effect to the lips is really subtle, or one has to increase the multiplier in a manner, that the rest of the skin doesn't look nice any more. So, I was playing around with a bump-vector connected to the normal inputs of diffuse and glossy. Then I masked the rest of the skin. But even these results weren't promising.
Honestly, I'm still hoping o4saken will find the time to provide a more detailed female texture.
Aranuvir

Return to User contributions