Arabic Male Head Cover "3eqal"

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Arabic Male Head Cover "3eqal"

Postby abumeqbel » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:46 pm

this is my first contribution for the makehuman, I need your advice if I missing anything.
I'm still learning blender to master peace Arabic cloths to be uploaded.

enjoy, and comment are welcome.. hope I helped
Attachments
3eqal.rar
Arabic male head cover - 3eqal
(945.07 KiB) Downloaded 479 times
abumeqbel

Re: Arabic Male Head Cover "3eqal"

Postby brkurt » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:49 pm

abumeqbel wrote:this is my first contribution for the makehuman, I need your advice if I missing anything.

Great to have you here. The project could really use Arabic clothing for both men and women.

If you take a look at some of my clothing contributions, you will see that I have started along that path:

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/clothes/big_desert_poncho.html

The big design thing to remember in Blender is to create your clothing in diagonals across the shoulders, chest, and hips. This will allow for better poses, and later animations. Also, for large flowing clothing, it is best to work from the outer edge to the center, even though this seems counter-intuitive.
brkurt

Postby MTKnife » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:40 pm

brkurt wrote:The big design thing to remember in Blender is to create your clothing in diagonals across the shoulders, chest, and hips. This will allow for better poses, and later animations.

Have you considered doing some templates made from diagonals, for others to use as bases? I always use the helper objects, and they work fine for skirts, but, quite apart from any problems with diagonals, anything shirt-like based on the helpers needs extensive editing to create proper sleeve seems.
MTKnife

Postby abumeqbel » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:37 am

brkurt wrote:
abumeqbel wrote:this is my first contribution for the makehuman, I need your advice if I missing anything.

Great to have you here. The project could really use Arabic clothing for both men and women.

If you take a look at some of my clothing contributions, you will see that I have started along that path:

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/clothes/big_desert_poncho.html

The big design thing to remember in Blender is to create your clothing in diagonals across the shoulders, chest, and hips. This will allow for better poses, and later animations. Also, for large flowing clothing, it is best to work from the outer edge to the center, even though this seems counter-intuitive.

Thank you for reply, I want to give you the creadit for my following simple designs, along with http://www.makehumancommunity.org/cloth ... _gown.html. and http://www.makehumancommunity.org/cloth ... onnet.html

What i'm looking for to be done so i can upload usable dresses are :
1- posing or animated the gown - " especialy setting on chair pose-which i miss in Makehuman poses ;( " - will end up having skin coming out at blender, i don't how to fix that 100% at blender. note: i tried weight paint- still learning.

2- UV maping for gown. i spend almost a month trying to master this issue, cause the only diffrenece in the gown 'abaya' is the colors & fabric inserted designs at some areas at the gown, sometime the cut style on edge, but you will end up with same gown shape.

3- Arabic male gown. need to know how to put buttons at the neck & sleeves correctly, adding chest pocket. please note: male gown designs are different at our region.

last note: i also added the other arabic head cover '3eqal' styles, so you can take a look, i'm not posting them directly to cloth before fixing UV map issue.
Attachments
3qal_jordan.rar
Arabic Male Head Cover "3eqal @ Jordan"
(385.98 KiB) Downloaded 419 times
3qal2.rar
Arabic Male Head Cover 2 "3eqal"
(128.71 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
arabiccloth.rar
Arabic Male crude gown
(200.15 KiB) Downloaded 432 times
arabicscarf.rar
Arabic Female head cover ' hijab'
(120.39 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
abaya.rar
Arabic female crude gown 'Abaya'
(231.08 KiB) Downloaded 467 times
abumeqbel

Postby abumeqbel » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:00 am

MTKnife wrote:
brkurt wrote:The big design thing to remember in Blender is to create your clothing in diagonals across the shoulders, chest, and hips. This will allow for better poses, and later animations.

Have you considered doing some templates made from diagonals, for others to use as bases? I always use the helper objects, and they work fine for skirts, but, quite apart from any problems with diagonals, anything shirt-like based on the helpers needs extensive editing to create proper sleeve seems.

thank you for reply.

Thanks for VscorpianC youtube channel for great help.

I had posted some simple works i had done at previous post in this form, which i made by getting shirt and extend the bottom end to make it like skirt way down for male gown.

Unfortunately, I m still newbie at blender, but what i'm looking for to be done are as following:

1- add nick & sleeves buttons, chest pocket to fix Arabic male grown for some middle-eastern regions.
2- UV map for head covers - male & female - will help me adding the correct fabric shape.
3- Need to master the head scarf for woman cause this has way viarity to give for makehuman.

thank you again and your help is apperciated
abumeqbel

Postby learning » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:35 pm

Yay, cultural clothes! Those were in my wishlist. Please don't stop developing them.
learning

Postby brkurt » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:43 pm

MTKnife wrote:

Already done. That's why 'Summer Dress' was created; it's all diagonals through the shoulder. :)
brkurt

Postby MTKnife » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:42 pm

I mean blend files, so I can make my own clothes--not just apply my own textures. Preferably the blends would have maximal coverage, allowing me to subtract the parts I don't need, and deform where necessary, rather than having to build up from scratch. In other words, what we need is something like the existing helpers, but with improved meshes and obvious seams.
MTKnife

Postby abumeqbel » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:11 am

MTKnife wrote:I mean blend files, so I can make my own clothes--not just apply my own textures. Preferably the blends would have maximal coverage, allowing me to subtract the parts I don't need, and deform where necessary, rather than having to build up from scratch. In other words, what we need is something like the existing helpers, but with improved meshes and obvious seams.

Thank you for your note

I will keep that in my mind, but come to think of it. Our regional dresses - middle east - most of them are based on the crude gown & and all of them have maximum coverage area by default. The styles will only be different for both male & female in sleeves design, nick cuts, chest pocket & finally the texture. Texturing is what mainly you will need to do, especially for modern female gowns.

I star thinking of doing introductory for Arabic middle eastern dresses, but still I'm new at blender so i will need time to develop such a thing.
abumeqbel

Postby MTKnife » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:27 am

Actually, my request was directed at brkurt, but thanks anyway for answering, and for your contributions. :)
MTKnife

Next

Return to User contributions