New female haircut availabe

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

New female haircut availabe

Postby grinsegold » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:33 pm

Here's my first mesh hair test object: a blonde bun with a little braid. Took me quite a while to understand that the material files have to be created in Blender Internal, not Cycles. Is that documented somewhere? I hardly could remember how to use Internal, but here it is:
http://www.makehumancommunity.org/clothes/wig_bun_blonde_female_braids.html
Attachments
Wig.png
grinsegold

Re: New female haircut availabe

Postby joepal » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:46 pm

That's really great :-)
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby grinsegold » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:46 pm

joepal wrote: :)

Is it possible to upload special foot poses (.bvh), and which rig would you recommend to make the bvh?
grinsegold

Postby joepal » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:12 am

I've been trying to get the pipeline for producing rigs and poses documented for while now. The idea was that before there being any point in opening a repository, there should at least be basic instructions for how to contribute to the repository.

Unfortunately the (MH-specific) tools for creating rigs are crude on the border of unusable. I have so far been unable to import even a test rig consisting of a single bone into makehuman.

The pose things are probably less of a disaster since the bvh exporter is from blender. But I still need to go through it a few times before finalizing a repo + docs for it.

However, in general: You'll most likely want to base any pose or expression on the nightly build's "default" skeleton. Or possibly on "default no toes".
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby grinsegold » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:37 am

joepal wrote:I've been trying to get the pipeline for producing rigs and poses documented for while now. The idea was that before there being any point in opening a repository, there should at least be basic instructions for how to contribute to the repository.

Unfortunately the (MH-specific) tools for creating rigs are crude on the border of unusable. I have so far been unable to import even a test rig consisting of a single bone into makehuman.

The pose things are probably less of a disaster since the bvh exporter is from blender. But I still need to go through it a few times before finalizing a repo + docs for it.

However, in general: You'll most likely want to base any pose or expression on the nightly build's "default" skeleton. Or possibly on "default no toes".

That was quite informative. Thanxalot for taking the time. To make that clear: i appreciate the order in which you plan to do the things. I'm not in a hurry. And if you'll need an accurate german translation for the next wiki - let me know.
grinsegold

Postby badwolf » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:32 pm

did you get lucky or did you see one of my many requests for a bun style hair??

hmm i may have to play with the texture to see if i can do other hair colors
badwolf

Postby joepal » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:03 pm

Keep them coming. :-)

As a general hint: The topic for the january instance of the monthly contest is "hair".
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby duststorm » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:02 am

Awesome! :)
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Return to User contributions