People! Post hairs in User contributed assets.

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

People! Post hairs in User contributed assets.

Postby bbot22 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:14 pm

Hello everyone. I just wanted to say that, currently on UCA (User Contributed Assets) there are alot of clothes, however i do not see any good haircuts. I just wanted to motivate you all hair designers out there. Do not be afraid to upload your makehuman hairs. Right now all the hair in UCA are broken. I would like to see alot of new and cool hairstyles that have similiar theme to the current default makehuman hairs. And im still looking for good makehuman hairs. If you know any good hair outside of UCA, please share the link with me. Thanks :).
bbot22

Re: People! Post hairs in User contributed assets.

Postby brkurt » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:36 am

bbot22 wrote:Hello everyone. I just wanted to say that, currently on UCA (User Contributed Assets) there are alot of clothes, however i do not see any good haircuts. I just wanted to motivate you all hair designers out there. Do not be afraid to upload your makehuman hairs. Right now all the hair in UCA are broken. I would like to see alot of new and cool hairstyles that have similiar theme to the current default makehuman hairs. And im still looking for good makehuman hairs. If you know any good hair outside of UCA, please share the link with me. Thanks :).

A couple of issues: first, what are you going to do with other people's hard work? You've never made that clear.

Second: if you are serious, then put this model through MakeClothes, and contribute it yourself.

http://www.geekopolis.ca/blender/inner_seamstress/ringlets1_264a.blend

I'm only halfway done with it, but the model includes new improved eyebrows and eyelashes.

brkurt

Postby learning » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:03 am

Thanks, awesome. Not perfect yet, but already way better looking than everything that's been made before.
learning

Postby Aranuvir » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:45 pm

learning wrote:[...] Not perfect yet, but already way better looking than everything that's been made before.

The wig_bun seems to have some holes in MakeHuman, but when exported to Blender/Cycles (via MHX-2 )the results are really good, given the fact, that you have to do some tweaking on your own. (ad normal map by hand, change glossiness, ...) Some parts of the uv map are rotated in the wrong direction, which, I guess, could make the issues in MH.
Aranuvir

Postby bbot22 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:58 pm

@Grinsegold, nice hair. I would like to see more hair from you. I hope you will not stop working on hairs and publishing them. Your newly published hairs are a example of that what we need in asset library. Right now the amount of hair in user assets is very small. So do not stop and keep working on those nice hair :).
bbot22

Postby sonntag78 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:45 pm

it's a bit choppy and the normal maps need to be done, but here is some hair from me :)

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/cloth ... khair.html
sonntag78

Postby brkurt » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:36 pm

Southern Belle Ringlets is up. Have fun with it. :)

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/clothes/southern_belle_ringlets.html
brkurt

Postby bbot22 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:43 am

brkurt wrote:Southern Belle Ringlets is up. Have fun with it. :)

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/clothes/southern_belle_ringlets.html

@brkurt, hey i see that you're a good hair maker. Maybe you could try to create modern, 21th century hair? Your ancient styled hairs are good too, no offence, but i would like to see modern hair.
bbot22

Return to User contributions