GLASSES & JEWELRY

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

GLASSES & JEWELRY

Postby 8brokeman357 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:20 am

:? 8-) :?: :idea: The MH project and it contributions are a great thing. It's wonderful, and I'm grateful. The assets. I have yet to see eyeglasses and earings, neclaces (gold chains, pears, crosses, etc). I would myself, but I'm still confused with blender, and I cannot get some of the addons to load in blender. A lot of this is still confusing to me, after over a year now. Can someone make several painrs of glasses, jewelry, maybe different types of hats/headgear, How about a backpack? ( Cowboy hat, Cowboy boots M/F, police uniform and belt, hat. As many of us follow sci-fi, Some space suits would be good too. Jackets & coats for cold weather. Scull caps. Has any one thought of resurecting the Indian lady from MH 7 skin. Different tights of different patterns for star trek type outfits. Like 7 of 9 without the borg inplant. A doctor's outfit? As common now days, An arabic woman in black abaya/burka.? How abaut a samurai warrior? Soldiers helmet with NVG, Gas Mask. I've even tried to do glasses in sketchup and import it into blender, so I have my glasses on my face, it didn't work. I have many ideas as you can see, But I still don't know what I'm doing. Most of you do. Just some ideas I wanted to share.
8brokeman357

Re: GLASSES & JEWELRY

Postby learning » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:42 am

Those are all good ideas, but we don't have enough people who can implement them. Those people need to have an unlikely set of qualities: technical savviness (at least enough to get a hang of MakeClothes with all its quirks), artistic talent, goodness of the heart that would let them work for many hours and then just give away the results of their hard labor to the community and enough free time to actually do this. If you know any such people whom you can invite to the community, please do.
learning

Postby brkurt » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:58 pm

learning wrote:Those are all good ideas, but we don't have enough people who can implement them. Those people need to have an unlikely set of qualities: technical savviness (at least enough to get a hang of MakeClothes with all its quirks), artistic talent, goodness of the heart that would let them work for many hours and then just give away the results of their hard labor to the community and enough free time to actually do this. If you know any such people whom you can invite to the community, please do.

Thanks for getting the discussion started. Another important point is that there has to be a hardness--I like to call it a 'bling' setting--for such objects. Otherwise, as demonstrated by my Slave Girl metal bra, the objects will drape and fold like cloth. This means that MakeClothes will need to be able to handle two quite different materials. It took Marvelous Designer *three years* to implement this feature, and that's a high-demand commercial product, so it can't be that easy to do.
brkurt

Postby Aranuvir » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:29 pm

brkurt wrote:[...] Another important point is that there has to be a hardness--I like to call it a 'bling' setting--for such objects. Otherwise, as demonstrated by my Slave Girl metal bra, the objects will drape and fold like cloth. [...]

And here is the tutorial how it works: http://web.archive.org/web/201504070018 ... roups.html
If you prefer videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMipZQZmFKA
Aranuvir

Postby learning » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:07 pm

brkurt wrote:Thanks for getting the discussion started. Another important point is that there has to be a hardness--I like to call it a 'bling' setting--for such objects. Otherwise, as demonstrated by my Slave Girl metal bra, the objects will drape and fold like cloth.

As demonstrated with my Slave collars (yeah, what's up with MH community and slaves I wonder? ;) ) adding some or all parts of the object to a separate vertex group will make them conserve the shape, but that also prevents them from scaling with the model (e.g. my collars are useless on larger models because they just pass through the neck). I can't see the solution to this unless someone comes up with some crutch way to assign "hardness" and "elasticity" to materials in MH.
learning

Postby MTKnife » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:55 am

If on the human you assign vertex groups only to vertices directly beneath the piece of clothing in question, you can avoid most distortion.
MTKnife

Postby joyce22 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:33 am

Hey,

I want to purchase some latest designs of earrings and necklaces, so please suggest me any wholesale belly rings shop in Phuket, Thailand, and online jewelry sites from where I can easily purchase the latest jewelry at an affordable price?
Last edited by joyce22 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
joyce22

Postby loki1950 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:20 pm

joyce22 wrote:Hey,

I want to purchase some latest designs of earrings and necklaces, so please suggest me any jewelry shop in Phuket, Thailand, and online jewelry sites from where I can easily purchase the latest jewelry at an affordable price?

We are not a commercial project in any way all the assets are designs not objects and the copyrights belong to their authors not makehuman.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Return to User contributions