Anime style custom target test version

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Anime style custom target test version

Postby Oscalon » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:21 am

skyregent wrote:
Oscalon bro... what a great contribution you made, and also made an entire post detailing how to install your target for those new to makehuman, thats sick man. :o :D

besides lord Joepal and HM team You are the MVP makehuman user of the year.

:oops:

Thank you!

I'm making progress on my To Do list. Here's a WIP shot for a new character I'm doing. I'll use this to make targets for more round eyes (as opposed to the current oval) and wider cheeks. Also working on some different proxies. My plan is to do a series of fanart projects with each contributing a couple more of the items on my To Do list.

Nep_WIP-1web.png
Oscalon

Postby aotihav » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:40 am

Absolutely fantastic! I can't thank you enough for this!

In regards to male characters created with the target, swapping out the proxy topology for any of the male-optimized ones produces decent results with a bit of tweaking. A similar proxy to the "Male Muscle" mesh already in MakeHuman applied to the target might be a good avenue to explore.

Eg:

I'm using a modified litsphere here with the toon shader's attributes to give a preview inside MH- it seems to work pretty well with the target!

Anyway, I'll have to play around with this a bit more, but this target is a HUUUGE aid for stylizing characters. Thank you.
aotihav

Postby Oscalon » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:10 am

aotihav wrote:Absolutely fantastic! I can't thank you enough for this!

In regards to male characters created with the target, swapping out the proxy topology for any of the male-optimized ones produces decent results with a bit of tweaking. A similar proxy to the "Male Muscle" mesh already in MakeHuman applied to the target might be a good avenue to explore.

Eg:

I'm using a modified litsphere here with the toon shader's attributes to give a preview inside MH- it seems to work pretty well with the target!

Anyway, I'll have to play around with this a bit more, but this target is a HUUUGE aid for stylizing characters. Thank you.

Hey, that's working pretty well. Good to know, thanks!

The changes I intend for the male version are mainly macro anatomy changes. Wider shoulders, thinner hips, removal of breasts, and adjustments to limb thickness.
Oscalon

Postby skyregent » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:24 pm

Oscalon wrote:
I'm making progress on my To Do list. Here's a WIP shot for a new character I'm doing. I'll use this to make targets for more round eyes (as opposed to the current oval) and wider cheeks. Also working on some different proxies. My plan is to do a series of fanart projects with each contributing a couple more of the items on my To Do list.
Nep_WIP-1web.png

That new character looks very cool.

i did not understand much from your last message, Fan art project/ to do lists items thingie...but good luck with that :D .

But i will subscribe to this thread for updates on your work!

:)
skyregent

Postby Oscalon » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:27 am

Update on Eye shape and cheek targets, now testing with better eyes (but still not finished)

Nep_WIP-2-web.png
Oscalon

Postby skyregent » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:18 pm

Oscalon wrote:Update on Eye shape and cheek targets, now testing with better eyes (but still not finished)

Nep_WIP-2-web.png

Thats so cute! :lol:
:oops:

Very good job again .
skyregent

Postby jujube » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:45 am

I finally tested out the anime target, and I agree about having separate sliders for head and body.

(I also found that facial expressions are much funnier with the anime slider on (its it just me or is the MH faceposing seriously underutilized??))
Attachments
scream.PNG
faces.png
jujube

Postby Oscalon » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:14 am

Hmm, there's weight problems, but that's working a lot better than I expected! Nice work :lol:

I got stuck working full time over the holidays so things are slow, but I've nearly finished the next character and am on course to put out an update with some fixes and new targets in the first couple weeks of January.
Oscalon

Postby loki1950 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:20 am

One of the reasons that cartoons adopted the large eye look way back at the beginning of animation was that ease of recognizing expressions most human facial expressions involve the eyes.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby Oscalon » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:07 am

Here's the latest WIP. Starting to experiment with Collar bones, but I've mostly been working on the hair and materials, which isn't really related to this custom target. Spherical eyes remain an issue, as currently her face is too flat and doesn't work as well as I'd like from profile angles. Still trying to reconcile that.

Nep_WIP-3.png
Oscalon

PreviousNext

Return to User contributions