Anime style custom target test version

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Anime style custom target test version

Postby duststorm » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:59 pm

Interesting, I had not considered this case.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Oscalon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:07 am

And finally finished with this character. Next a couple poses, and then an update to the custom target with some fixes and new target options.
Nep_WIP-7-web.png
Oscalon

Postby skyregent » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:43 pm

Oscalon wrote:And finally finished with this character. Next a couple poses, and then an update to the custom target with some fixes and new target options.
Nep_WIP-7-web.png

Very nice Oscalon, it looks great.

:)
skyregent

Postby skyregent » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:25 pm

Since Oscalon released his target i tried to base all of my work around it, its great...but now we have this man Bastioni and his blender engine focusing on the same thing for some reason days before an update for this target was released ... im going to restrain myself on giving my opinion, but i need to know something.

Oscalon is this anime style target still going on or its over ?
skyregent

Postby Oscalon » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:18 pm

skyregent wrote:Since Oscalon released his target i tried to base all of my work around it, its great...but now we have this man Bastioni and his blender engine focusing on the same thing for some reason days before an update for this target was released ... im going to restrain myself on giving my opinion, but i need to know something.

Oscalon is this anime style target still going on or its over ?

I'm not sure yet. I've done some more work on this (got a bunch of eye shapes and face fixes), but recently I've been swamped so I haven't released the next version yet. Right now it looks like Manuel Bastioni lab is going to be better for making anime due to the shape key based expressions, the eye style, and the fact that Manuel is just really good at making bodies (he is the main body modeller for MakeHuman as well.) I've been giving him feedback so that his next release will have a modern anime style, and it's almost certainly going to be better than what I was making here as I've given him the same references I was working off of, but he's a better modeler than I.

He's close to his next release, so we'll see how it turns out.
Oscalon

Postby skyregent » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:17 pm

After playing with it im a little dissapointed with the release, dont get me wrong, the way you can do models with Manuel bastioni addon is impressive
but after a little bit it all goes down hill.

I made a simple figure with the addon, then opened it on maya ||

All the bones are shown like that...

That was an issue but i tried to give it a second try, then i noticed my computer being slow

There is no way you can use those models with that face/poly count, it will take years to do anything, try to make a game when your models have more vertices than 3 stages combined, or just try to transfer your model to another app and it will look horrible...the anime figures are cool, not Oscalon kind of cool, but its quite nice.

20 MB FBX Greatness

it will be a long time before Manuel decides to make the models go Low poly, maybe by 1.4 or 1.5...
By far my favorite thing to do is monsters and creatures

Have a nice day MH forum!
skyregent

Postby Oscalon » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:42 am

Hey Skyregent,

I made a simple figure with the addon, then opened it on maya

is the issue. Porting rigs from Blender to Maya doesn't really work, as they both represent bones differently. It also looks like your mesh level of detail issues are due to the export applying the default subsurf modifier, so that will make it impossible to work with (can't confirm without seeing mesh, but ManuelLab has actually has less complex geometry than MakeHuman. Normally has 18k faces for the whole model). Exporting to Maya will also wreck shapekeys for the most part. I believe there are ways to get Blender models and rigs into Maya properly, but it requires very specific settings and formats, and possibly some additional addons and plugins. I'm not up to date on it.
Oscalon

Postby Marco_105 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:30 pm

Did you died last year or just don't follow your project anymore ?
I'm really interesting by some target like that and would like learn about it ! :P
Marco_105

Postby Oscalon » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:27 pm

Marco_105 wrote:Did you died last year or just don't follow your project anymore ?
I'm really interesting by some target like that and would like learn about it ! :P

Hi Marco,

I've stopped working on this because http://www.manuelbastioni.com/ has far outstripped my custom target for making anime characters, so it would be redundant for me to spend more time on it. I've switched to using it.

Thanks!
Oscalon

Postby Marco_105 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Its what I have guessing, did you have some place to discuss on this project ?
Marco_105

PreviousNext

Return to User contributions