Anime style custom target test version

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Anime style custom target test version

Postby Oscalon » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:12 am

I am happy to finally release a test version of my anime style custom target. I am looking for people to test it and give feedback.

Please see the full notes and download link on my blog here: http://www.aversionofreality.com/blog/2 ... arget-test

Oscalon

Re: Anime style custom target test version

Postby joepal » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:49 pm

Playing around in MH... very idle testing so far. All in all, most targets work surpsingly well despite my best effort to ruin everything. :-)

I'm looking forward to seeing this as a proxy

androgynous-default.png
Androgynous default

female.png
Female

male-muscular.PNG
Male muscular

nose-size.png
Nose size

ear-large-moved.png
Ear large moved
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Oscalon » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:47 pm

Heh, those muscles! I was not expecting it to be used with that :P

It'll take another target for males to really work properly I think.
Oscalon

Postby Einlanzer » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:46 am

Great work so far, thanks for sharing this.

I was testing the Target there are some points that (I think) could be improved:

1) Modeling>Main>Age: Moving the slider from its default value gives bad results.

2) Modeling>Gender>Breast: same as Age, but with less impact. Not viable to make "big boobs".

3) Geometries>Hair: Some haris do not fit the model, but I think with few adjustments they could.

4) Suggestion: Maybe you should divide your Target into two parts: one for Head/Face and other for Body, for more control of modfications. I think some people would find it more interesting to only use the anime-style Head/Face and keep the standard MU Body for easier clothing/equiping.

I'm following the results of this work.
Einlanzer

Postby joepal » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:03 pm

I tried a quick and dirty conversion to proxy (apply anime target, export as obj, run through makeclothes). The result cannot be characterized as an unqualified success:

animeproxy.png

I'm not overly surprised though, since the anime-modified mesh occupies quite a different space than the base mesh.

Still, it was an amusing experiment.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby learning » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:25 pm

It is very powerful and looks very good as long as you know where to stop with anime-ness ;) It is a contribution ready for contributions section if I've ever seen one.
learning

Postby Oscalon » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:03 am

learning wrote:It is very powerful and looks very good as long as you know where to stop with anime-ness ;) It is a contribution ready for contributions section if I've ever seen one.

Thanks! We'll get it up there once I fix a few more things.
Oscalon

Postby joepal » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:27 am

Thinking about it, I think possibly the target approach is the way to go in this case. After having tested a bit, I'm not entirely convinced it'll be all that easy to make a proxy since for example the shoulders will be in a very different position.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby Oscalon » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:06 am

joepal wrote:Thinking about it, I think possibly the target approach is the way to go in this case. After having tested a bit, I'm not entirely convinced it'll be all that easy to make a proxy since for example the shoulders will be in a very different position.

The challenge with proxies is that they get morphed from the base as well. So if you have a proxy that is already in these proportions, and then use it, it's effectively getting the target twice over. You have to have your proxy be based on the base mesh, and still conform to it, just have different topology. So if you want a loop in a specific place on the model AFTER the target has morphed it, you need to figure out what points on the base mesh end up where and have your loop start near those. It's a real hassle.

I've succeeding in making a couple different styles of lower poly proxies that worked fine with the the face. The problem is A) getting the custom weights working and B) making it for the whole body while maintaining all quads. It is possible to disable the all quads restriction, but then the proxy won't work with the Smooth (subdivide) option in MH. I doubt most people will be bothered by this. A couple triangles won't hurt, especially if I keep them in areas that rarely will get seen or deform much (such as top of the head hidden under hair).
Oscalon

Postby skyregent » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:11 pm

Oscalon wrote:
learning wrote:It is very powerful and looks very good as long as you know where to stop with anime-ness ;) It is a contribution ready for contributions section if I've ever seen one.

Thanks! We'll get it up there once I fix a few more things.

Oscalon bro... what a great contribution you made, and also made an entire post detailing how to install your target for those new to makehuman, thats sick man. :o :D

besides lord Joepal and HM team You are the MVP makehuman user of the year.

:oops:
skyregent

Next

Return to User contributions