Can somebody give me link/downloads for good makehuman hairs

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Can somebody give me link/downloads for good makehuman h

Postby Fred Astair » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:19 am

As you can see though, they look normal enough sized in object mode...
Attachments
Can't comb 3.jpg
Fred Astair

Postby Fred Astair » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:30 am

Here I have reduced the numbers of particles so the strands can be seen easier.
This is the particle set up that you supplied in the "hairdo" that was appended as per your instructions.
All I've changed is the number of particles...
Attachments
Can't comb 4.jpg
Fred Astair

Postby MTKnife » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:42 am

You're going to have to change the shape and size of the strands. Not sure how to do that in Cycles, but there are tutorials out there.
MTKnife

Postby Fred Astair » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:55 am

MTKnife wrote:You're going to have to change the shape and size of the strands. Not sure how to do that in Cycles, but there are tutorials out there.

I am aware of that, thanks.

The reason I asked Joel about this is that he already set up the size and shape of the strands in the "hair" that gets appended.
I am asking "why is the hair changed simply by using it as he described"?

It should be the same for me as it is for the images of the hair he originally posted. (straight and ponytail examples)

Even when I reduce the root size to the point where it looks like normal hair, the render doesn't look much like the combed particle image does. and it is all wild and crazy with only a small resemblance to the combed image.

I'm also asking why his instructions do not work when I load a model with a skeleton and expressions? Why I can't make the models hair invisible...?
Fred Astair

Postby joepal » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:00 am

Fred Astair wrote:The reason I asked Joel about this is that he already set up the size and shape of the strands in the "hair" that gets appended.
I am asking "why is the hair changed simply by using it as he described"?

Please attach a blend file and I'll take a look at it. Pack all necessary textures in it (file -> external data -> automatically pack).

(I have now also made it possible to attach an up to 30 mb large blend without zipping it)
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Fred Astair » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:56 pm

[/quote]

Please attach a blend file and I'll take a look at it. Pack all necessary textures in it (file -> external data -> automatically pack).

(I have now also made it possible to attach an up to 30 mb large blend without zipping it)[/quote]

Hi Joel,

Thanks, but I got unexpectedly called out of town and I won't be back at my main computer until near the end of the month so I can't upload the blend file at this time. I really appreciate you looking at this for me though and I'll certainly upload the blend file when I'm home again. Just wanted to let you know that I'm not ignoring this kind offer :)

Jon
Fred Astair

Postby Fred Astair » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:02 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFr5SN-EXCM

This is a link to a video about "hairworks".
The guy uses MH to import a model into Blender which he then exports to "Hairworks".

He just does a quick and dirty hair with this, but says that it can produce much better if you take the time to apply better settings to it. The animation looks very realistic movement wise.

Has anybody used "Hairworks" or know how this can be used on MH models?
I noticed that he switches the scalp to triangles in Blender, which I believe is a No-No for Mh
Fred Astair

Postby loki1950 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:06 pm

That's interesting an other boost for nVidia noticed that it's major dependency is DX11 so strictly for Windows 8/10 users at the moment.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Previous

Return to User contributions