[Released] Viking clothes

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: [Released] Viking clothes

Postby duststorm » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:12 am

Those are very cool assets, and a great addition to the database! Thank you for sharing them with us :)
At this pace, the repository should fill up in no time ;)
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Aranuvir » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:54 pm

Aethelraed_Unraed wrote:I don't get an error message in my console, but the operation does fail somewhere. I agree with you though that I probably can't do anything about it myself, so you'll just have to do without subdivision :)

I didn't check the error log before. It only shows up on the command line, where I started MH from. And of course the smoothing is not really need. But I think it is still worth reporting it to the bug tracker (low priority).

http://bugtracker.makehumancommunity.org/issues/969
Aranuvir

Postby duststorm » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:34 pm

The subdivision bug is caused by the fact that the proxy does not specify that this mesh requires 9 edges per vertex (which often, but not always, coincides with 9 faces per vertex).
If not specified, MakeHuman assumes this number is 8, which is a reasonale standard (more than 8 edges per vertex is probably a sub-optimal topology).
The basemesh even has a pole count of only 5!
In any case, the fix is to set the max_pole property to 9 in the mhclo file, like so:
Code: Select all
max_pole 9

MakeHuman intentionally is conservative about pole count to benefit performance (of the subdivision algorithm for example), for the same performance reasons it will not check the pole count when loading an OBJ, and instead relies on the user, or creation tool (in this case MakeClothes) to set this number appropriately.

Similarly, you can improve performance of MakeHuman by lowering this number if your proxy mesh has lower pole count. Eg for some meshes this can be set to 6 or 7

EDIT: I verified and indeed, with max_pole 9 subdivision works graciously.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Sylvan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:56 pm

These are very nice, thank you for your contribution!
Sylvan

Previous

Return to User contributions