[Released] Viking clothes

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

[Released] Viking clothes

Postby Aethelraed_Unraed » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:23 pm

I've decided to release the clothes I've used in some of my artwork (http://aethelraedunraed.deviantart.com). They might be useful to anyone aiming for a historical or fantasy look.
allclothes.png

From left to right:

Viking era dress
A female dress. Accurate for Viking age scandinavia.

Germanic clothing
Generic male clothing. Accurate for most of Germanic Europe during the Migration Period and early Middle Ages (including the Viking Era).

Egtved Dress
Dress found on the Egtved girl. Accurate for Denmark, ca. 1370 BCE.

As the clothes are based on some of the default MH clothes, they are distributed with the same AGPL3.0/CC0 license as MH is. That means you don't have to attribute me if you use these clothes, although I would appreciate it. For my part, I'd like to thank the creator of the default MH clothes :)
Attachments
Viking_dress.zip
(9.72 MiB) Downloaded 743 times
germanic_clothes.zip
(9.3 MiB) Downloaded 707 times
egtved_dress.zip
(8.72 MiB) Downloaded 751 times
Aethelraed_Unraed

Re: [Released] Viking clothes

Postby Aranuvir » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:27 pm

Hi Aethelraed,

many thanks for sharing!!! This is really really awesome work !

I've downloaded and tested the Viking dress. Interestingly, when activating the subdivision button I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./lib/qtgui.py", line 2041, in _activate
    self.method()
    File "./core/mhmain.py", line 1429, in toggleSubdivision
    self.selectedHuman.setSubdivided(self.actions.smooth.isChecked(), True)
    File "./apps/human.py", line 419, in setSubdivided
    obj.setSubdivided(flag, *args, **kwargs)
    File "./core/guicommon.py", line 462, in setSubdivided
    self.mesh = self.getSubdivisionMesh(update)
    File "./core/guicommon.py", line 433, in getSubdivisionMesh
    self.__subdivisionMesh = cks.createSubdivisionObject(self.__seedMesh, self.staticFaceMask)
    File "./apps/catmull_clark_subdivision.py", line 510, in createSubdivisionObject
    obj.create()
    File "./apps/catmull_clark_subdivision.py", line 229, in create
    self.vedge[ix[i],:n[i]] = ei[first[i]:][:n[i]]
    ValueError: could not broadcast input array from shape (9) into shape (8)
Aranuvir

Postby learning » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:55 am

Awesome work! Will you upload into the contributions section too?
learning

Postby Aethelraed_Unraed » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:11 pm

Aranuvir wrote:I've downloaded and tested the Viking dress. Interestingly, when activating the subdivision button I get the following error:
I didn't know MH had a subdivision button. Where is it? I can't seem to find it anywhere (most likely I'm being blind again).

Once I find it, I'll look into the error ;)

learning wrote:Awesome work! Will you upload into the contributions section too?
I thought this is the contributions section? :?
Aethelraed_Unraed

Postby joepal » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:30 pm

The contribution area is reached via the "user contributed assets" link in the main menu. However, the main menu is only visible if you didn't change phpbb theme.

You can find the area via this link otherwise http://www.makehumancommunity.org/conte ... ssets.html
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Aethelraed_Unraed » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:46 pm

joepal wrote:The contribution area is reached via the "user contributed assets" link in the main menu. However, the main menu is only visible if you didn't change phpbb theme.

You can find the area via this link otherwise http://www.makehumancommunity.org/conte ... ssets.html
lol, never noticed that link. I've googled my *ss off looking for additional clothes etc. and all this time they were right under my very nose x_x

Edit: noticed when uploading my clothes that the "optional illustration" max file size is given as 512MB. Shouldn't this be KB? ;)
Aethelraed_Unraed

Postby joepal » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:35 pm

Aethelraed_Unraed wrote:Edit: noticed when uploading my clothes that the "optional illustration" max file size is given as 512MB. Shouldn't this be KB? ;)

I think possibly I also limited it to 800x600. So if you manage to produce a 800x600 png or jpg which is also half a gigabyte large, you're welcome to upload it. I'd be curious to see it. :-)
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby Aranuvir » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:04 pm

Aethelraed_Unraed wrote:
Aranuvir wrote:I've downloaded and tested the Viking dress. Interestingly, when activating the subdivision button I get the following error:
I didn't know MH had a subdivision button. Where is it? I can't seem to find it anywhere (most likely I'm being blind again).

Once I find it, I'll look into the error ;)

It's the smooth button, left of the wire frame button. Maybe MH can’t handle that much vertices. I never had the error before, and I think it's nothing, that can be solved from your side.
It wasn't the ideal place to post the bug report, I must admit. My apologizes for that. I was just to lazy to write two posts.
Aranuvir

Postby Aethelraed_Unraed » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:12 am

Aranuvir wrote:It's the smooth button, left of the wire frame button. Maybe MH can’t handle that much vertices. I never had the error before, and I think it's nothing, that can be solved from your side.
It wasn't the ideal place to post the bug report, I must admit. My apologizes for that. I was just to lazy to write two posts.
I don't get an error message in my console, but the operation does fail somewhere. I agree with you though that I probably can't do anything about it myself, so you'll just have to do without subdivision :)

joepal wrote:
Aethelraed_Unraed wrote:Edit: noticed when uploading my clothes that the "optional illustration" max file size is given as 512MB. Shouldn't this be KB? ;)

I think possibly I also limited it to 800x600. So if you manage to produce a 800x600 png or jpg which is also half a gigabyte large, you're welcome to upload it. I'd be curious to see it. :-)
Since you asked for it, here's a prove of concept of a 32x32px png that's just over 3MB.
new.png
new.png (3.02 MiB) Viewed 7919 times

Wrote an audio file to the png metadata :P :ugeek:
I do agree with you though that unless someone really wants to troll, the resolution restriction should be enough. And even in case someone does troll you, you can just delete the file from the server again ;)
Aethelraed_Unraed

Postby joepal » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:26 am

Ok, ok... I get what you're saying. :-)
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Next

Return to User contributions