Help in measuring

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Help in measuring

Postby r4stud » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:20 pm

Hello everybody in the community!
I'm a master student in biology and for my thesis in need of different 3d rendering with variable proportions.
It seems that makehuman is the perfect software to obtain what i need, but unfortunately i have no pregressed experience in 3d modelling, so i might need a help from you.

The proportion i need to scale is Leg-to-Body ratio. And i mean the whole leg! thigh and lower leg.
I need data to be matematically accurated, and that's why i find some difficulties with the slider target.
is there another way to set measures?

and then, how can i misure esternal features (for example from iliac crest to toe ) ?
thank you very much
r4stud

Re: Help in measuring

Postby duststorm » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:42 pm

By writing a bit of code you could achieve it fairly easily.
You could calculate the euclidian distance between two defined vertices on the basemesh to get the measurements you need.
This is basically what the measurement plugin does.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby r4stud » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:45 pm

duststorm wrote:This is basically what the measurement plugin does.

You mean MakeTarget ?

Because it's a completely new world to me, and I don't know if spending time to trying to learn how to do it by miself, or instead look for a collaboration by someone who might do it simply.
r4stud

Postby duststorm » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:34 pm

I mean plugins/0_modeling_a_measurement.py in MakeHuman.
MakeHuman is an open source project which means all the source code is available and you can adapt it to your own needs. It also means that by default we are not paid for this work, and that this is basically done in our free time. I doubt you will find a developer with the spare time to develop the software for your needs.
We can point you in the right direction, however.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby r4stud » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:18 am

Well it's not sparing time! we are trying to be pubblicated on a scientific paper! and i will pay too for the contribute!

btw if i'll try to learn how to do it by myself, since I never wrote any code, it might be hard..

I mean plugins/0_modeling_a_measurement.py in MakeHuman.

How can i operate with this plugin?

I have a window os. can i write in Python?
r4stud

Return to User contributions