Help Section

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Help Section

Postby michiegr1 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:22 am

I have played with Blender and MH and both are very interesting but over my head. The lates export option collada does'nt seem to work for me and not much of any thing else works the way I think it should.So. what I would like to see is a step by step hold my hand tutorial.How you load all the software. where. how to export to blender all the goodys, a basic mat, lighting/shadeing setup and the basic of animationwith this collada export.
I know that I am asking for a lot But some one out there must know how and a kick start for a lot of us is all we need.
gary
michiegr1

Re: Help Section

Postby Manuel » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:47 am

The main problem is that, before to write definitive tutorials, we need to have a complete and stable mh version. Anyway, in particular collada case, there is a problem that not depend from mhteam: collada importer is bit bugged...in example don't support vertex weights..
Ciao,

Manuel
Manuel

Postby michiegr1 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:55 pm

Hi: :D
I so do want to use MH it is a fun software so any kind of direction will be greatly appreciated.
michiegr1

Postby Manuel » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:11 pm

Manuel

Postby brkurt » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:49 pm

Hello Manuel and Michie...

I'm a professional educator, with extensive knowledge of design software. I'd be happy to help
create the necessary tutorials. My focus would be on integrating Makehuman and Blender,
but I'd also be interested in creating tutorials for other open-source applications.

What is the most likely venue? DVDs? YouTube? Websites?

brkurt
brkurt

Postby michiegr1 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:32 pm

Hi: :D
For now this website is more than good enough its clear and to the point. A simple go here, chick there, input this, at this spot would work. In the future DVDs would make a little money for you and maybe a website would be nice but I like one spot shopping.Less headaches trying to remember where that thing was.
gary
michiegr1

Postby Manuel » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:24 pm

brkurt wrote:Hello Manuel and Michie...

I'm a professional educator, with extensive knowledge of design software. I'd be happy to help
create the necessary tutorials. My focus would be on integrating Makehuman and Blender,
but I'd also be interested in creating tutorials for other open-source applications.

What is the most likely venue? DVDs? YouTube? Websites?

brkurt

Unfotunately, about Blender integration, we must wait: some very strong changes will happen in Blender (in python API too) :-(
http://www.blendernation.com/2008/02/18 ... f-blender/

Anyway you are welcome about MakeHuman and MHProto tutorials.
:-)
Manuel

Postby DAD » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:14 am

Manuel,
Just found my way over here from the old forum site. In regards to the book I'm working on for getting MH meshes into Poser, I am hoping it will create a great deal of interest in your program. I've already spoken to a number of people in regards to it and most of them have never even heard of MH. People in Poserdom shortly will know a whole lot more about MH though. I've been doing Poser/MH integration now for about 6 to 8 months. Started with .90 and am now playing with .91RC1. I've had great success with both. My plan is to cover both the older version and the newer version so that people can see the progression and be able to make creatures in addition to the general human characters. I will be starting to write the book here in a couple of weeks as I have some projects I need to finish first. Hopefully it will be done by mid-summer. If you are planning an RC2 release before then, let me know and I'll work on trying to include it. For anyone who is interested in my first Poser book, you can find more information on it here: http://www.dad-tv.com/howd.htm

David
I don't fear god anymore. Anything he/she does to me now is only adding insult to injury ... alright already enough with the insults!

http://www.dad-tv.com
DAD

Return to User contributions