Place to Share Custom Targets etc.

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Place to Share Custom Targets etc.

Postby BlacKnightZero » Tue May 19, 2015 3:05 pm

I haven't found anywhere that posts a collection of custom Makehuman targets. I was wondering, do we have to post them one-at-a-time on this site, via forum posts, or is there somewhere we can more easily find a collection of custom MH targets? So far, I've found one MH target on this whole site, and I've searched for hours. I also looked on Google to no avail. If there isn't anywhere to post MH targets, can you make one? If you can't is it okay if I do on a website I'll create myself?
BlacKnightZero

Re: Place to Share Custom Targets etc.

Postby joepal » Tue May 19, 2015 3:43 pm

There are some different answers to this:

First, maybe it could be coordinated with this initiative? viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11253&hilit=share

Concerning an official and endorsed exchange site, the MH crew has (a while ago) taken the active stance that we don't want to manage such a site. This is because of various reasons including lack of resources, the spam problem and possible legal issues if copyrighted material gets posted.

However, if someone else is willing to go through the bother and handle these things, then we'll applaud it. So no: there's nothing stopping you from opening up a site which shares third-part makehuman assets (under whichever license you want), nor core makehuman assets (as long as you post those specifically under AGPL).

Anyway, if there's a target you feel is missing, maybe this is a good start? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X13k7H3dNHo

And finally, a tip: Since targets are plain text files, something as simple as a github repo would be perfectly fine for sharing them.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Return to User contributions