Mouth cavity, teeth and tongue in exports

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Mouth cavity, teeth and tongue in exports

Postby brkurt » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:58 pm

Hello everyone...

Would it be possible to create an export that allows for either no mouth cavity, teeth and tongue to be export, or at least have reduced vertices? I was customizing a Makehuman Alpha 4 export .obj and it struck me that there were more vertices in the mouth than in the rest of the body combined. Once they were removed, the model could be rigged, even in an old Pentium III running Puppy Linux 3.01 with Blender 2.45. Please don't misunderstand, however: I love the 'medical illustrator' quality of gums, teeth and tongue, but they are problematic for gui and render usage.
brkurt

Re: Mouth cavity, teeth and tongue in exports

Postby cousteau » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:55 pm

Mouth (and maybe eyes) should be removed from the model during manipulation, like hair. Maybe they could be put on a separate "library"?
Indeed, models should not have face, the face should be added later and modeled with a separate tool (maybe it could be toggled on/off on the model so it can be previewed). Would it be possible, or it looks too complicated to implement?

Another solution is to render the face, and maybe the hair, as a texture, and then apply that texture to the model, thus giving an idea of how the face would look like. (Of course, the final rendered model would have an actual 3D face with all the details)
cousteau

Re: Mouth cavity, teeth and tongue in exports

Postby Manuel » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:47 pm

cousteau wrote:Mouth (and maybe eyes) should be removed from the model during manipulation, like hair. Maybe they could be put on a separate "library"?

This is a good idea, indeed. We are thinking about it since the post here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1188&start=0

Best,

Manuel
Manuel

Return to User contributions