Can make human help with fitted mesh for second life

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Can make human help with fitted mesh for second life

Postby AstridKaufmat » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:54 am

duststorm, to make it simplier couldn't we just take the rigged makehuman avatar and append to a scene where there is already a skeleton with sl bones and collision bones? Then bind the makehuman mesh to those bones by doing "bind with bones deform" avoiding automatic weight or other options. I figured out that if you keep the same coordinates and you do this the mesh would keep the original bone weight groups.
I also say this because studing the avatar extraxted from the xml files using slav plugin, the collision bones have no refferred weight on the mesh but on the mesh there are just not deform vertices groups used for morphs.
Can it help if I make it in this way?
I'll try to make one and post it here.
AstridKaufmat

Postby AstridKaufmat » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:12 pm

AstridKaufmat wrote:duststorm, to make it simplier couldn't we just take the rigged makehuman avatar and append to a scene where there is already a skeleton with sl bones and collision bones? Then bind the makehuman mesh to those bones by doing "bind with bones deform" avoiding automatic weight or other options. I figured out that if you keep the same coordinates and you do this the mesh would keep the original bone weight groups.
I also say this because studing the avatar extraxted from the xml files using slav plugin, the collision bones have no refferred weight on the mesh but on the mesh there are just not deform vertices groups used for morphs.
Can it help if I make it in this way?
I'll try to make one and post it here.

Just figured that makehuman has not got a T-pose, please tell me if I am wrong. This means that I will have to build the collision bones in blender starting from that I get from make human.
AstridKaufmat

Postby joepal » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:34 pm

See this thread which is aptly named "T-POSE": viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11535
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Bo Orsini » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:04 am

I'm happy to tell you that I just uploaded a fitted mesh body from MH to SL Betagrid. I hope I can remember all steps to get there eventually...

I used a female generic body with generic topology, exported as collada, disabled feet on ground, Z Up Face X, Meters. Disable smooth! It will mess up the weights later.
Imported it into a preloaded SL Basic Female blender file for fitted mesh ( SL wiki - Skeleton Female.blend - see below for link) using Blender 2.73.
I re-sized, relocated and rotated (2 degrees backwards) my body to be as close as the original BaseFemale on layer 1. Apply all transformations.
(We may have to edit the SL skeleton first now, have to move the tail of the eyes and prolly more to proper locations.)
I cleared the parent from the MH body totally and parented it to the SL skeleton using automatic weights, will be overridden below.
I selected all faces of the MH body, triangulated it.
Selecting the SL female body in object mode first, THEN then MH body as well, so transfer weights from SL Female to your MH body.
Test in Pose Mode. Rotate/grab some bones to see effects. Clear pose transformations after.
Export body and armature as collada with rigged preset for SL/opensim. I remember I didn't disable nor enabled options, use the preset and export at once.
Upload in SL without joint positions. I only uploaded as Highest LOD to test. Make all others 1.
Relog if needed, undeform avatar if needed. And use a new SL shape to test.

fittedmeshMH.png
This is only possible with Fitted Mesh. ;-)

I think that was my workflow. If not, sorry in advance. I need to reproduce all steps a few times first to get this done again. And for those who want to start at once: You NEED Blender experience and the SL Base Skeletons for fitted mesh first.

Now, there is a lot to be done. Weighting can be better too but for a first experiment, the weights from the female base is ok. Just triangulate the MH body first. And make sure the skeleton fits to your own MH body precisely. At least the eyes have to move if you want to use your own SL system eyes. Also lowerlegs need a bit of work. Oh, and errr... bouncy boobs. :mrgreen:

My 2 cents.
Bo Orsini (SL)
Bo Orsini

Postby duststorm » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:28 pm

One thing I wonder though: why all this effort to be able to change a few body parameters in SL when you can use MakeHuman to model a better looking custom avatar?
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Bo Orsini » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:15 am

duststorm wrote:One thing I wonder though: why all this effort to be able to change a few body parameters in SL when you can use MakeHuman to model a better looking custom avatar?

Because we (well, at least I do) want our existing (standard sized and/or Fitted Mesh) clothing to fit. And not only create a naked body with clothing that most of your users can not create (besides the few geometries available).
Remember I asked to get rid of all Blender work-arounds? Most people in SL are complete newbies with Blender so they can't even create new clothing for the body.

While working on my own body, the main problem is trying to make the skeleton fit as close as possible and weighting it. Of course, this all depends on your own custom MH shaped body. But I'm close, very close now...
Bo Orsini (SL)
Bo Orsini

Postby duststorm » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:25 pm

ok, makes sense
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Desiree2015 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:11 am

Hi,
i have this make too, but the head is deformed..the body is fitted and good..but the head not, why? have any Tip for me ?

Thank you
Desiree2015

Postby Bo Orsini » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:21 am

Desiree2015 wrote:Hi,
i have this make too, but the head is deformed..the body is fitted and good..but the head not, why? have any Tip for me ?

Thank you

Did you check the eyes first? Both eyes need to be in vert group mEye and not the HEAD group. If you use them, export those separately with Deform Bones disabled. Then check the weights for the HEAD/NECK area. Use Pose to see if the weights are correct.
Bo Orsini (SL)
Bo Orsini

Previous

Return to User contributions