Python coders wanted.

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Python coders wanted.

Postby Manuel » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:29 am

If you know python and you want help MH development, write a message below.
Manuel

Re: Python coders wanted.

Postby xpundx » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:34 am

Hi Manuel

What areas do you need programing coders for?
xpundx

Postby Manuel » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:02 pm

xpundx wrote:Hi Manuel

What areas do you need programing coders for?

in next months, when the new python core (MH phoenix) will be ready, *all* features will be realized by python modules...
Manuel

Postby xpundx » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:30 pm

I certainly will be able to contribute to some extent. I suggest you need a new forum for mh_phoenix, as you will have to give coders direction and to organize so that work is not duplicated. You will also have to respond to a lot of questions secificaly around mh_phoenix.

If its not too premature now, I have a question about the implimentation of the 3D GUI. I've been following the development in the SVN, and based on that I'm guessing that controls will be added as File3DHandle class objects with method code to be run when the user selects the control object. So that adding a widget will be a two step process, first importing a mesh object, then the associated py code to define how the widget will interact. Is this about right?

Also, I would like to see more about the 3D widget. Can you point me to some more references and discussions about this concept. It interests me on levels other than MakeHuman.
xpundx

Postby Manuel » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:57 pm

xpundx wrote:So that adding a widget will be a two step process, first importing a mesh object, then the associated py code to define how the widget will interact. Is this about right?

Yes, perfectly.
Anyway the code must be cleaned and optimized...I think at least 3 weekes are required before talk about these methods.

Also, I would like to see more about the 3D widget. Can you point me to some more references and discussions about this concept. It interests me on levels other than MakeHuman.

Yes, it's very interesting. The new GUI is a very innovative concept. No limits in widget shape or in number of sensible parts...MakeHuman can be MakeAll.
I've opened a topic but it seem users has not so much feedbacks about this...maybe the potential of new idea is not well rendered...
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=79
Not so much references are available, probably because the idea is original...

Ciao,

Manuel
Manuel

Postby Eternl Knight » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:56 am

As I've mentioned previously, I am interested in helping out in the Python area, Manuel.

The next month is probably the best time to get it done too :)

My only issue is (still) the mesh licensing...

--EK
Eternl Knight

Postby Bolche » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:33 am

(I know this is really old, but...)
I can help. I'm a Python coder, but with little experince in 3d modelling. But still, Python only things I can help.
Bolche

Postby Manuel » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:52 am

Bolche wrote:(I know this is really old, but...)
I can help. I'm a Python coder, but with little experince in 3d modelling. But still, Python only things I can help.

Very good. I'll send you a personal message as soon as I can.
Best,

Manuel
Manuel

Postby swdev » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:25 am

I really curious about GUI use in this application. What GUI library does it use?
swdev

Postby duststorm » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:39 am

Qt (in fact it uses PyQt which are python wrappers around the Qt libraries), and pure opengl (2 with compatibility for 1, we keep the required version low on purpose to support a maximal number of systems) using the pyOpenGL python wrappers.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Next

Return to User contributions