MHX2 for 3Ds max?

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

MHX2 for 3Ds max?

Postby Grimmycakes » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:59 am

Hello there. First off, truly love Make Human! You guys have certainly created a wonderful tool.

I would however like to ask if you guys ever have plans to create a plugin/addon for 3Ds Max like you have done with blender? I truly hate working with blender, and I'd love to see a version of the MHX 2 for 3Ds max. I hope you guys will consider this if it isn't already in your plans =]

Thank you again for the wonderful work you have put into Make Human.
Grimmycakes

Re: MHX2 for 3Ds max?

Postby Manuel » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:17 am

Grimmycakes wrote:Hello there. First off, truly love Make Human! You guys have certainly created a wonderful tool.

I would however like to ask if you guys ever have plans to create a plugin/addon for 3Ds Max like you have done with blender? I truly hate working with blender, and I'd love to see a version of the MHX 2 for 3Ds max. I hope you guys will consider this if it isn't already in your plans =]

Mhx2 is not officially supported by the team, but we are working hard to complete the exporter in binary fbx, that will include the full rigging, most of the material features, and perhaps more (animations, etc). Since fbx is the industry standard, we think it's fully supported by 3dMax. Also we are improving the export in collada dae format.
Manuel

Re: MHX2 for 3Ds max?

Postby Grimmycakes » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Manuel wrote:
Grimmycakes wrote:Hello there. First off, truly love Make Human! You guys have certainly created a wonderful tool.

Mhx2 is not officially supported by the team, but we are working hard to complete the exporter in binary fbx, that will include the full rigging, most of the material features, and perhaps more (animations, etc). Since fbx is the industry standard, we think it's fully supported by 3dMax. Also we are improving the export in collada dae format.

Oh I see =] Well that sounds awesome! I look forward to seeing that then. Keep up the great work!
Grimmycakes

Return to User contributions