More features for later...

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

More features for later...

Postby quarkle » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:24 am

...to go along with Make Pregnant

Adjust Breast
Some females have pointy/conical breasts, and I would like to be able to do this quickly and easily, like I can adjust size, sag, etc. now. Doing it using ‘Micro Details’ just makes breasts that look malformed.

Make Hard
Adjust the penis from completely flaccid to fully erect.

Make Booty
I wouldn’t use this one, but I know people that would. Adjust buttocks size without affecting thighs, etc. Using ‘Micro Details’ gets pretty close, but it doesn’t really apply the width or roundness associated with ‘booty’.

and then there's...

Gravity
I would expect this one to be difficult to implement, and so not incorporated until 3.0 or later.
I see so many 3D models being posed laying on their sides, or tilting their heads, etc. but the hair is stiff like it has two cans of hair spray (or worse, a helmet) and breasts, flesh, fat all sag to the model’s ‘down’ instead of the world down. This would have to be incorporated into ‘Pose’, and it would involve assigning values to hair, penis, breasts, belly, etc. and how much they should sag in what direction.
Maybe a better approach would be to let the user define down and sag whatever in the appropriate direction and to what degree. I am thinking of how a spot light in Blender is manipulated as to how the interface would work.
Popular does not equal good.
New does not equal better.
quarkle

Re: More features for later...

Postby Manuel » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:39 pm

About these features (except makehard and gravity). We are working on them.
Actually MH has only the half of tool planned for the final modelling.
Unfortunately they require a lot of time because we have lack of 3d artists in our team.

Regards,

Manuel
Manuel

Postby quarkle » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:46 am

Manuel wrote:Unfortunately they require a lot of time because we have lack of 3d artists in our team.

I know a hint when I read one

Okay, so I've looked over the MakeHuman Artists site, downloaded the .blend files for the base models, found some good information in Cedarseed's Tutorials...
Say I want to work on the Japanese targets— Where do I get the 'ethnic reference'? There were a few sloppy photos on the Artist's site (looks like the camera is being shaken), hopefully I can get better than that.
Is it like Scientology where I have to join the secret club before I get any information? I hope not. That's very off-putting and makes people feel like they're obligated or trapped.
quarkle

Postby Manuel » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:37 am

quarkle wrote:
Manuel wrote:Unfortunately they require a lot of time because we have lack of 3d artists in our team.

I know a hint when I read one

Okay, so I've looked over the MakeHuman Artists site, downloaded the .blend files for the base models, found some good information in Cedarseed's Tutorials...
Say I want to work on the Japanese targets— Where do I get the 'ethnic reference'? There were a few sloppy photos on the Artist's site (looks like the camera is being shaken), hopefully I can get better than that.
Is it like Scientology where I have to join the secret club before I get any information? I hope not. That's very off-putting and makes people feel like they're obligated or trapped.

Artist site is not updated because the lack of contributors, and the files are outdated, so they're not usable for incoming MH version.
It was designed to be used by artists of MH team, so yes, it's like a little club. The reason is that I need to know and admin who want to help us, to avoid useless work and waist of resources (in example, that 10 people work on the same target, or that someone work on weird-sci-fi-useless-no-one-want-it target).

If you want help us, I'll update the site with new files, then you should contact me and join to artists team.

Best,

Manuel
Manuel

Postby quarkle » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:24 am

Okay.
quarkle

morph targets for phonemes and facial expressions

Postby pelister » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:45 am

It will be a great piece of software ever if morph targets for the various phonemes and facial expression is included.
pelister

Postby mflerackers » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:56 am

Including them is easy, finding time or artists to make them is another thing. But we try to do our best :).
MakeHuman project Developer
mflerackers

Return to User contributions