ALPHA 6.0 Fat Gain

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

ALPHA 6.0 Fat Gain

Postby Miltades » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:54 am

HELLO

May I suggest, going back to your alpha 6.0 versions way the model gained weight.

I've found it to be far more realistic than the newest versions of make human.
Especially in the back and belly areas. The breasts also, morphed more realistically when the weight was put right up.
Along with the neck / chin area of the 'double chin' in the Alpha 6.0 version.

To be honest I'm not even sure HOW I still have Alpha6.0 on my computer still, but I found it whilst trying to install the newest beta version.

I also noticed, in comparing the two. I am unable to find a 'smooth' selection in the newest MakeHuman. To make the model smoother and less jagged.
Can this be brought back?

I have uploaded a gif showing the alpha 6.0 makehuman's model with the weight set to highest. This shows both the 'smooth' option I mentioned and the way the weight falls. Creating fat rolls in the back, and the dip/rolls in the stomach where the belly bottom is and the stomach meets the pelvis, however the pelvis still needs it's own, 'ponch' I guess, for lack of a better word. Like it does in the newest version. None of which is seen in the newest version of MakeHuman.

You can view comparisons here. I have also listed them witht he changes made in program to get, the weighted effect.

Weight gain, Less tone on Alpha 6.0 : http://i.gyazo.com/2e9fccde263698cb27139d220924dac6.mp4
Weight Gain, Less Stomach Tone, No Muscle : http://i.gyazo.com/5acf0b27e460edf0e9b347bb40d149fd.mp4

So yes, if this older weight gain technique/effect could be re used, re integrated somehow, that would be awesome.

Thank you for your time
Attachments
Make HUman Alpha 6.0 eight gain.gif
A video/gif of the Alpha 6.0 version of MakeHuman's model, with weight at capacity.
Miltades

Re: ALPHA 6.0 Fat Gain

Postby Manuel » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:58 am

The smooth button is here, in the current 1.0.x stable:
smooth_button.png

The old fat morphing was too much exaggerated, and created problems in wearing and poses.
In fact, at this exaggerated level of fat, the shape of a clothed body is heavily modified by the gravity and the clothes, so we decided to don't bake the wrinkles in the morph.
Also, the new model is based on statistical data, and what you see in MH is the average fat female body.

UPDATED:
Also the problem, in MH alpha 6 was the contrary: even a little obese woman had the stomach wrinkle.
The only way to fix the problem is to increase our database of humans, but this will require time and more resources.
Manuel

Postby duststorm » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:32 pm

It might be an idea to add these details as separate detail targets? Or as a custom topology?
Needless to say that such targets should not be used for models that wear clothes, as fat is compressed by most clothes.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Manuel » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:42 pm

duststorm wrote:It might be an idea to add these details as separate detail targets? Or as a custom topology?
Needless to say that such targets should not be used for models that wear clothes, as fat is compressed by most clothes.

The current topology is good for these details too, but add special modifier would involve a new series of "smart sliders", like less-stomach-tone-for overweight, less stomach-tone-for-underweight, and so on...with tens of targets for each slider.

The automodelling tool would be a better solution, since the wrinkled super obese character will be added to the database and automatically used when needed.
Manuel

Return to User contributions