MakeHuman and OpenSim

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: MakeHuman and OpenSim

Postby Déesse » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:29 pm

Stable or unstable nightly build?
- unstable nightly build (yesterday)

How many skeletons are available in it?
- 3, I used the 26 bones SL skeleton

What have you done exactly?
- what I described above: exported as .dae to blender, set t-pose, rotate, upload to opensim.

Today I reread some threads and found out, that I have to download the special mhx2-plugin for the used version of MH, and that worked. Okay, exported my character with mhx2 to blender (import: the rig has to be selected), now the same procedure - t-pose- rotate ...
The result: the same strange location of the eyes :evil:

So what I found out: the dae-export can be used, no difference to the mhx2-export.
But another surprise: The avatar-skeleton inworld is not broken! In the picture Simona is wearing a secondlife-rigged dress. not fitting but the shoulders and the neck are okay!
What I'm going to try next: changing the height of the avatar.

MH112.jpg
Déesse

Postby Déesse » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:50 pm

Okay, not releated to the height of the avatar (height changed in MakeHuman)

mh4.jpg
Déesse

Postby Manuel » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:14 pm

Déesse wrote:But another surprise: The avatar-skeleton inworld is not broken! In the picture Simona is wearing a secondlife-rigged dress. not fitting but the shoulders and the neck are okay!

So you can export form mh (nightly-unstable) in dae format and it works correctly except the eyes, right?
Manuel

Postby Déesse » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:57 am

Yes, that's right. So, if I could export my model in T-pose, this would be the direct way without blender.

The steps:

MH1.jpg

MH2.jpg

MH3.jpg

In blender you always have to select all parts you want to rotate and export.
Déesse

Postby Manuel » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:06 am

Déesse wrote:Yes, that's right. So, if I could export my model in T-pose, this would be the direct way without blender.

Good.
Thank you for the detailed steps description.
The T pose should be ready soon.
But if I understand, there is still the problems of eyes, or no?
Manuel

Postby Déesse » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:05 am

Yes, the problem persists. On the top of the first picture above you see the MH-version I was using. When you make changes, please inform me for the next tests.
Déesse

Postby Manuel » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:12 am

Déesse wrote:Yes, the problem persists. On the top of the first picture above you see the MH-version I was using. When you make changes, please inform me for the next tests.

The fact is that I've no idea about what is causing it.
Also I see that not only the eyes,but also the clothes have problems in the images you posted above, and they didn't came from MH.
Perhaps it's something that happen during the Blender transition?
Manuel

Postby duststorm » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:03 pm

Do the eyes have some scale or translation applied in blender? They are a separate object, take note of this.

Does SL support a mesh consisting of separate objects? Perhaps you need to join them.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Déesse » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:53 pm

More progress! Obviously Gaia Clary (Avastar) has done some great work for Simona :D

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/avatar-workbench/

The workbench blendfile contains a modified Makehuman avatar, also parted in three parts, so that the SL skins and clothing can be used (I did not try that)
When you compare the skeletons you will see that the bones are differing in their lenght or height (or something like that - I don't know enough about rigging and so on).

What I did: I deleted the avastar-makehuman-avatar and transfered the bones to Simona (the one I used for the other examples, dae-file, last nightlybuilt). What do you see??? The eyes are in the right position :P What I can't say definetly is with which version the avastar MH model is made. But I'm sure, Gaia Clary will help to find solutions ...

The clothes will be another chapter, maybe they should be adjusted in blender.

MHavastar1.jpg

MHavastar2b.jpg
Déesse

Postby duststorm » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:09 pm

What you need to check is whether the eyes, which are a separate object, are parented to the same rig or not.
In SL, are the eyes parented to the rig? Or do they remain in place while the rest of the body moves? (that might be the reason why they are out of place, because they are simply not rigged)
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

PreviousNext

Return to User contributions