MakeHuman and OpenSim

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: MakeHuman and OpenSim

Postby Déesse » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:56 am

Okay, the start should work now, at least on Windows 64bit (this is what I can test). No idea, why the simple opensim.exe causes problems, the developers had fixed it times ago.

I hope, there will be testers around! There are several kinds of avatars to compare, and please use animations to see the behavior of the shoulders (example).

And be patient with the start, lots of data have to be loaded at the beginning. This is why Simona looks a bit funny with her old body looking through :lol:

To get a good result, clear the cache often or delete the complete Singularity-folder in the Appdata-folder of your machine.

Simona MH3.jpg
Déesse

Postby Manuel » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:09 am

I've only a 32bit old old WIndows (I work on OpenSuse). If I can, I'll test it later.
Before I download it: can I use this system to test new MakeHuman models?
Can I use it offline?

Thank you,
Manuel

Postby Déesse » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:46 pm

You just can try! You can't do anything wrong, because you can delete the complete installation without any traces. If the batch-file doesn't work for you, you can start the program manually. There are three instances: 1. mowes, 2. opensim.exe (or OpenSim.32BitLaunch - for 64Bit-Systems, located in the diva-bin-folder) containing the data, and 3. the viewer. I can explain it later. The graphics depend on the presets in the viewer.

After the download everything works offline. But with some changes, Hypergrid can be enabled and Duststorm can visit Simona on your MakeHuman Island :P
Déesse

Postby Aedonix » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:24 pm

just a quick question... is this a direct port? or are you using something like Avastar for the riggin/settings etc before export?
Aedonix

Postby Déesse » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:34 pm

You can try and wear avatars created with makehuman, rigged with Avastar and the SecondLife-Basemesh too.
Déesse

Postby Déesse » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:51 pm

Some fun with Simona - Halloween?

No - some experiments with MakeHuman 1.1 and Blender 2.72:

The mhx2-exporter did not install in MH, so I tried the direct way. Set T-pose in "Pose/animate" in Makehuman 1.1, select export option as dae-file, upload to opensim, and the result is this nice spider :lol: (Blender shows the reason why: the skeleton is placed beside the mesh)

MH1-1directupload.jpg

Okay, next try: saved as dae-file, rotation Z up face -y, import to blender, set t-pose with makewalk utilities, rotate, export, upload to opensim. The mesh (left) looks right, but worn as avatar (right) :cry: what has happened to the eyes???

MH1-1blender.jpg
Déesse

Postby Manuel » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:17 pm

If you try latest nightly build, there is the new secondlife skeleton, that should fix all these problems.
It would be very helpful to test it.
Manuel

Postby duststorm » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:57 pm

No posed + rigged export yet, though.
Still working on that one.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Déesse » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:39 pm

The latest nightly build (today), the same problem with the eyes ...
Déesse

Postby Manuel » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:33 pm

Déesse wrote:The latest nightly build (today), the same problem with the eyes ...

Stable or unstable nightly build?
How many skeletons are available in it?
What have you done exactly?
Manuel

PreviousNext

Return to User contributions